LeBrun: Rangers and Montreal possibly talking trade. Habs interested in NYR prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
If you believe the NYR are the only team interested in players like Chiarot , Lehkonen , Dvorak your wrong. Gorton/Hughes will trade Chiarot before the trade deadline to the team that makes an offer Gorton/Hughes like best and that applies to Lehkonen , Dvorak difference is they don't need to trade Lehkonen who they could easily resign and Dvorak who is already under contract.

That's great, because I want nothing at all to do with Chiarot or Dvorak (the latter in particular. I had to hear for months about how he'd just be a dominant player the second he left Arizona...and look, he's the same thing he was for the previous 5 years of his career. A .5ppg center with overrated defense. Two hard and fast rules of life: Never date a man based on what you think you can turn him into, and never trade for a player on the assumption that he'll be a totally different player on another team). I like Lehkonen at the right price, and if they think they can re-sign him at a low-enough number, but I'm also perfectly fine walking away if the bidding gets crazy. There's every reason in the world to think that Barron or (especially) Cuylle will be able to fill a similar role as early as next season.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Many of the talking heads in the NHL are calling Lekhonen as this years Goodrow. The player that fills your 3rd line as a pesky excellent 200 foot player that will get some points. Look Goodrow got a 1st and 3rd last year for the cup winning team.
Yea but Goodrow was also signed at like 800k with an extra year on his contract. That made all the difference between the 2nd+3rd valuation and the 1st+3rd he got IMO

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
That's great, because I want nothing at all to do with Chiarot or Dvorak (the latter in particular. I had to hear for months about how he'd just be a dominant player the second he left Arizona...and look, he's the same thing he was for the previous 5 years of his career. A .5ppg center with overrated defense. Two hard and fast rules of life: Never date a man based on what you think you can turn him into, and never trade for a player on the assumption that he'll be a totally different player on another team). I like Lehkonen at the right price, and if they think they can re-sign him at a low-enough number, but I'm also perfectly fine walking away if the bidding gets crazy. There's every reason in the world to think that Barron or (especially) Cuylle will be able to fill a similar role as early as next season.
Montreal will trade Chiarot and maybe Lehkonen , Dvorak just not likely to the NYR.

Last edited:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
The Habs have just traded for a Lekhonen replacement. I want Kravtsov, Romanov needs a comrade here.
I think this is a real possibility. Especially with Bobrov now over there. Gorton and Bobrov were the 2 guys that drafted kravtsov.
Lehkonen is a good 3rd liner, but he needs a raise at the end of the year.
I get MtL fans trying to compare him to Coleman/Goodrow but there’s a big difference in their contract situations.
I think the habs take the gamble.
If they miss on kravy, they only lose a 3rd line player. If he hits his ceiling they get a cheap top 6 fwd that can hit 50-60 pts that has years of control.
Kravtsov is big, has good hands, and can skate.
Imo, Gorton is looking to add more guys like that to the habs system.
If habs rangers do make a trade, or NYR and whoever, the likely return isn’t going to be anyone on the current roster.
That’s not how adding at the TDL works. You at to you’re current roster to make it better/harder to beat.
You don’t trade a guy from 1 position, create a hole somewhere else in the line up

Last edited:
Reactions: Maitz and smoneil

slg1963

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
I think the Rangers should mostly stand pat. Use the playoffs as an evaluation process and make roster moves in the off-season when the cost is cheaper and cap space is plentiful. Chiarot or Lehkonen aren't going to be the difference between winning and losing a cup. The assets used to acquire them though could instead go towards a Strome upgrade.
THIS 100%

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Montreal will trade Chiarot and maybe Lehkonen , Dvorak just not likely to the NYR.
07AB4723-3C37-48DC-8B26-1DE5D7D3F044.gif

Reactions: Benstheman

Gaud

May 11, 2017
According to the Rangers board votes:

1. Nils Lundkvist (D)
(2018 Draft - 1st round) (+1)
2. Braden Schneider (D)
(2020 Draft - 1st round) (+3)
3. Zac Jones (D)
(2019 Draft - 3rd round) (+3)
4. Brennan Othmann (F)
(2021 Draft - 1st round) (+4)
5. Vitali Kravtsov (F)
(2018 Draft - 1st round) (-1)
6. Brett Berard (F)
(2020 Draft - 5th round) (+5)
7. Morgan Barron (F)
(2017 Draft - 6th round) (+2)
8. Matthew Robertson (D)
(2019 Draft - 2nd round) (-1)
9. Will Cuylle (F)
(2020 Draft - 2nd round) (+3)
10. Dylan Garand (G)
(2020 Draft - 4th round) (+5)
11. Lauri Pajuniemi (F)
(2018 Draft - 5th round) (+2)
12. Ryder Korczak (F)
(2021 Draft - 3rd round) (+8)

hmm first time i see a list htat doesnt have Kravstov 2nd, but otherwise the order seems consistent with what ive seen.

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
hmm first time i see a list htat doesnt have Kravstov 2nd, but otherwise the order seems consistent with what ive seen.

Well let me tell you there was a lot of in-fighting about that when the votes were taken. Some hissy fits were thrown on Kravtsov dropping to where he did.

Problem is everyone was voting with different priorities so some were voting on most upside, some were voting on most likely to play for the Rangers, and some were voting on who has the highest trade/draft value in the league. And there was no right or wrong answer. So take it with a grain of salt.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
lol chiarot legitimately sucks and this myth of the playoff warrior. He got caved the f*** in last playoffs. He has "traded to Edmonton or St Louis" written all over him. Good for habs fans, I guess. Get something valuable for a bad player.

I guess the multiple teams and their GM's who are interested are dummies and you are the genius fan on HF boards saying he "legitimately sucks and this myth of the playoff warrior". You should apply to be a NHL GM

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Sounds like the perfect right winger for Panarin and Strome.

The guy goes into the corners to get the puck; he has looked good with players that are in front of hte net or in periphery. I liked him with TT and Suzuki, and more recently with caufield

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
According to the Rangers board votes:

1. Nils Lundkvist (D)
(2018 Draft - 1st round) (+1)
2. Braden Schneider (D)
(2020 Draft - 1st round) (+3)
3. Zac Jones (D)
(2019 Draft - 3rd round) (+3)
4. Brennan Othmann (F)
(2021 Draft - 1st round) (+4)
5. Vitali Kravtsov (F)
(2018 Draft - 1st round) (-1)
6. Brett Berard (F)
(2020 Draft - 5th round) (+5)
7. Morgan Barron (F)
(2017 Draft - 6th round) (+2)
8. Matthew Robertson (D)
(2019 Draft - 2nd round) (-1)
9. Will Cuylle (F)
(2020 Draft - 2nd round) (+3)
10. Dylan Garand (G)
(2020 Draft - 4th round) (+5)
11. Lauri Pajuniemi (F)
(2018 Draft - 5th round) (+2)
12. Ryder Korczak (F)
(2021 Draft - 3rd round) (+8)

Personally, I would have Schneider over Lundkvist.

Reactions: ecemleafs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah, we took our sweet f***ing time with that list. Schneider long surpassed Lundkvist.

I think Schneider provides better value on D and will chip in on offense once he matures. I value Schneider like I do with Guhle with the Habs. Those big boys that can skate and play D are valuable. Offense can come later when they are fully matured and trusted in their own end.

Lundkvist has offensive skill but can be taken advantage of in his own end. He could mature in that area so it's hard to guess. However, I would certainly value Schneider more from what I see today

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I think the Rangers should mostly stand pat. Use the playoffs as an evaluation process and make roster moves in the off-season when the cost is cheaper and cap space is plentiful. Chiarot or Lehkonen aren't going to be the difference between winning and losing a cup. The assets used to acquire them though could instead go towards a Strome upgrade.

Except cap space is plentiful right now, and it won't be in the summer.

upload_2022-2-17_8-49-3.png

Fox and Zibanejad both start new contracts next year, which will cost us an extra 12 mil. Kakko needs to be re-signed and we need to find a way to re-sign or replace Strome.

If the Rangers trade for anyone with term, it has to make sense with all of that in mind. More likely the Rangers will target rental players, self-rent Strome, and figure the rest out in the summer.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
HAHAHAHAHA!

Imagine if the situation was reversed and a Habs fan said that. There would be like 100 posts attacking it and saying "We overvalue our prospects". Sorry to those who don't want to hear this but I stand firm. There are fans from every team that over value their prospects. Reality

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I hope that the Rangers FO have more sense than to sell even a tiny part of the farm this year... especially for a 3rd pairing guy. Scary times.
yes!

IMO, this screams Nils Lundquist or however you spell it.
No. Jones + Nils L are similar, but Nils has the best shot of all D on the team right now, he replaces Schneider at 3RD when Trouba exits promoting Schneid. Jones, very early, but as a Fox lite has good value and is the only superfluous guy we have to spare.

This thread reminds me of The Flames thread and their fans saying The Habs would never get a 1st + for Toffoli.....

I wonder how this one will turn out......
There is a potential megadeal, and it could be LaF to Habs, but it will require massive overpay and concession side deals. Have been busy but will try to post this thread later no later than the w'e.

Both of them are fantastic prospects, and neither one is far ahead of either despite would others say here. The difference is we have a Fox and Jones, which are similar to Lundkvist , which makes him more expendable than Schneider who is more of a physical stay at home dman, which we need.
Agree, except Nils w/his best shot is the clear keeper over Jones.

He's still a great prospect but Schneider has been outstanding in every aspect of the game. Not a knock on Nils but more of praise to Schneider... he's been nearly flawless

He's blown away any expectations any rational fan would have had... while Nils is well below.
Yes, except ONLY as to shot ONLY Nils is best shot of all D. Otherwise Schneid is clearly better.

so he does not want to sign in NY?
IMO, I believe he wants NHL career + shot at the cup. I believe he will take any fair deal, but not a 2 way contract. And properly, he doesn't want anyone trying to make him eat any more crapola.

I thought NYR prospects were untouchable?
pls see comments above

I think this is a real possibility. Especially with Bobrov now over there. Gorton and Bobrov were the 2 guys that drafted kravtsov.
Lehkonen is a good 3rd liner, but he needs a raise at the end of the year.
I get MtL fans trying to compare him to Coleman/Goodrow but there’s a big difference in their contract situations.
I think the habs take the gamble.
If they miss on kravy, they only lose a 3rd line player. If he hits his ceiling they get a cheap top 6 fwd that can hit 50-60 pts that has years of control.
Kravtsov is big, has good hands, and can skate.
Imo, Gorton is looking to add more guys like that to the habs system.
If habs rangers do make a trade, or NYR and whoever, the likely return isn’t going to be anyone on the current roster.
That’s not how adding at the TDL works. You at to you’re current roster to make it better/harder to beat.
You don’t trade a guy from 1 position, create a hole somewhere else in the line up
Krav to MON can make sense, but only if a 1st [not this year's exceptionally high value 1st] but one estimated as middle of the pack or better [not a late one] is on the table.
Nothing less or pays for NY to keep and showcase

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
I guess the multiple teams and their GM's who are interested are dummies and you are the genius fan on HF boards saying he "legitimately sucks and this myth of the playoff warrior". You should apply to be a NHL GM

Ken Holland traded for Duncan Keith. You trying to tell me hockey GMs don't do stupid things? This is such a lazy argument. Do better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad