Random Trivia Part II

LeBlondeDemon10

Jul 10, 2010
Canada
2. I remember Gary Bergman being the first player to lead the league for TGOIF. Since he was a Wing, I say he led the league again at some point during his career. The Wings were awful during his time.

Elvis P

Another one bites the crust
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Answer these 2 questions about Marcel Dionne's teammates w/o researching. Can anyone name a defenseman from LA? How about somebody from the 2nd line?

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
^^^ Yep. Was gunna mention Butch... on the Blue Line, Bob Murdoch... Bart Crashley...
Bart... Crashley... fact is Hawkman, they were pretty lousy and altogether forgettable. :(

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Answer these 2 questions about Marcel Dionne's teammates w/o researching. Can anyone name a defenseman from LA? How about somebody from the 2nd line?
1) Bob Murdoch?
2) Butch Goring, Bob Berry, Mike Murphy, Vic Venasky?

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
I looked at Willie Mitchell's stats and he's got 0 PP goals in 861 regular season games. 31 ES and 2 SH.

He's got 2 PP goals in the playoffs though, 2 on the PP and 2 ES in 89 games. That's a bit odd.

SealsFan

May 3, 2009
Bob Nevin.... Gene "Can't Put the Puck in the Ocean if he was Standing on the Pier" Carr... Don Kozak... Tommy Williams... Sheldon Kannegeiser on the backline! The guy whose hockey card eluded us in 70-71 when he was with Pittsburgh. I and my friends had all collected the entire set but no one could get his card. Of course we kept buying and buying packs, which was the intent...

Elvis P

Another one bites the crust
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
For both questions name the year, number of teams, and the names of the teams. Since the league went to 30 teams: 1. What is the least number of O6 teams to make the playoffs? 2. What is the least number of Canadian teams to make the playoffs?

geofff

Aug 12, 2014
www.makeitsostudios.com
For both questions name the year, number of teams, and the names of the teams. Since the league went to 30 teams: 1. What is the least number of O6 teams to make the playoffs? 2. What is the least number of Canadian teams to make the playoffs?

1. A bit of a wild guess but maybe 2007, 2 teams: Detroit and NYR?
...or maybe lets say about 2004 and only Detroit made it?

2. I believe last year only the Habs made it for Canadian teams.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Ind8004.jpg

This picture is from 1980. Can anyone name the three ex-players in it?

Is it King Clancy, Red Kelly and Milt Schmidt?

Rob Scuderi

Sep 3, 2009
what do Brian Rafalski, Tim Thomas and Cory Murphy have in common?

Finnish League MVP winners?

I seem to remember Murphy winning it, and if that's right it wouldn't be surprising for Rafalski and Thomas to also have accomplished it.

Sanf

Sep 8, 2012
Finnish League MVP winners?

I seem to remember Murphy winning it, and if that's right it wouldn't be surprising for Rafalski and Thomas to also have accomplished it.

Yep, all of them were Golden helmet winners (best player selected by other players) edit. but not Lasse Oksanen trophy winners. Tim Thomas won it while playing in Jokerit though. Also all of them were selected best on their position while playing in HIFK. There are quite a lot common things.

Last edited:

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
You'll have to allow me some margin for error with this just to the nature of it, but I'm pretty confident...

Since the Stanley Cup became an NHL-only trophy in 1927, ten players were inscribed on the Stanley Cup without playing a single career NHL playoff game...

And though, this is not a "general" trivia question, as it is likely to only garner interest from hardcore fans of these Cup winners, I will say that it's not exclusive to history nuts. half of these instances occur since 1990...any guesses...?

Sanf

Sep 8, 2012
You'll have to allow me some margin for error with this just to the nature of it, but I'm pretty confident...

Since the Stanley Cup became an NHL-only trophy in 1927, ten players were inscribed on the Stanley Cup without playing a single career NHL playoff game...

And though, this is not a "general" trivia question, as it is likely to only garner interest from hardcore fans of these Cup winners, I will say that it's not exclusive to history nuts. half of these instances occur since 1990...any guesses...?

Well IIRC there were atleast three goalies from the past that did not ever play in NHL, but has their name in Stanley Cup. Those were Joe Starke, Bill Tibbs and Harry?/Henry? McQuestion. Dave Gatherum and "Lefty" Wilson also has their name on Cup without ever playing in Playoffs. Not sure if those are the ones you mean.

Well... "Modern" players. IIRC Darren Rumble is one of them.

Some other "secondary" tough guy. Reid Simpson?

Did Kevin Hodson ever play in playoffs?

Then there was that one Hurricanes Dman whose name I can´t remember without cheating. Played in Zagreb in KHL. Anthony Robinson? :)

I remember that Pietrangelo played in Playoffs, but did Wendell Young. I guess I go with Young.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad