OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: New season of plundering begins

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
RAISE IT!!!!!!!!!

rowdy-tellez-scream-rowdy-tellez.gif

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Tellez and Cruz were so good tonight. Crushed the ball every single time they came up.

MAT needs to go. Bae, Palacios, whoever.

Holderman is wobbling.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Agreed.

And let's not forget the huge hit by Reynolds to get the game tied.
He has been good as a righty this year.

The team needs 4-5 guys to get hot at the same time. If it's Cruz, Tellez and Reynolds being 3 of them would be huge because that means we will hit home runs. Hayes had some encouraging ABs tonight but I don't see the offensive upside at this point. Olivares, Gonzales and Joe are scuffling and can't be relied upon.

Reactions: td_ice

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Icing on the cake is that Chandler absolutely dominated in AA again. He's really cementing a giant step forward this year as he continues to focus on only pitching. I don't think it makes sense to throw around the word untouchable, but given that I doubt we'd be in the mix for Robert, he seems untouchable to me.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Hmmmm.......

Jones said he came out after 5 innings due to lat tightness.

Hopefully nothing serious.

EDIT: Jones also said that the Bart trip to the mound in the 1st was key. "Bart told me to get my sh*t together, and that reeled me back in."

He said he trusts all his catchers but, "I get pumped when Bart is catching me."

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Icing on the cake is that Chandler absolutely dominated in AA again. He's really cementing a giant step forward this year as he continues to focus on only pitching. I don't think it makes sense to throw around the word untouchable, but given that I doubt we'd be in the mix for Robert, he seems untouchable to me.
That's great news.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Hmmmm.......

Jones said he came out after 5 innings due to lat tightness.

Hopefully nothing serious.

EDIT: Jones also said that the Bart trip to the mound in the 1st was key. "Bart told me to get my sh*t together, and that reeled me back in."

He said he trusts all his catchers but, "I get pumped when Bart is catching me."

I've definitely overreacted to Bart's hot hitting to start the year, but man I want Endy and Bart to be their catching duo going forward.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
We're hardly in a position to complain, but the win is somewhat bittersweet given the broader context. The offense performed well enough to win yesterday and Keller just totally dropped the ball. Who knows what we'll get from Perez tomorrow, and Pallante has been perfectly serviceable in his starts vs other bad offenses like Cincinnati (5.1 and 6 IP, 0 runs).

It sure would be nice to have the series W sewn up and some pressure against the Cardinals and the young pitcher. Still, this win was enough to avoid real danger, given that a sweep headed into the Mets series seems like it would spell disaster.

I think "holding serve" in this kind of divisional series has to mean winning the series at home, but despite the signs of life offensively, I don't have a lot of faith. Pallante doesn't miss a lot of bats and got roughed up by both the Giants and Astros, so between that and presumably some good summer weather, it will be possible to breakthrough. Outside of something like swapping Hayes for Triolo, we really had better not see any random lineup tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad