OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: New season of plundering begins

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Wow, both starting pitchers struggling to find the plate.

But somehow, it's only 1-1 in the bottom of the 5th.

Both guys living dangerously, but getting key outs when they absolutely need it.

since70

Sep 27, 2016
It's the sixth inning and I'm doing everything I can to stay invested in this game, on the surface it looks like a pitcher's duel, but both pitchers are hardly dominating, it just looks like two teams going through the motions.

Reactions: Coastal Kev

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
"Bad" Skenes performance :laugh:

1719698593096.png

since70

Sep 27, 2016
I don't follow the Pirates minors, is there anything in the pipeline to cause any optimism that the offense is going to help what might be a really good starting staff?

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Saying "I hope they trade Skenes right now" is anything but "logic".

If you hate the Pirates so much that you want to see Skenes traded, just stop following them.
I hoped that the Pirates were going to take last offseason seriously knowing what they had in Skenes/Jones/Keller.

Using them to increase optimism with the fanbase while not increasing the payroll is a joke. I don't expect my teams to win every year. In fact, i love watching an up and coming team that has a bright future. But it seems all of Pittsburgh teams aren't really trying to win for different reasons and it's the most awful period of being a fan in my life.

Reactions: metalan2

metalan2

May 30, 2008
I hoped that the Pirates were going to take last offseason seriously knowing what they had in Skenes/Jones/Keller.

Using them to increase optimism with the fanbase while not increasing the payroll is a joke. I don't expect my teams to win every year. In fact, i love watching an up and coming team that has a bright future. But it seems all of Pittsburgh teams aren't really trying to win for different reasons and it's the most awful period of being a fan in my life.
Pirates are the lowest of low.

since70

Sep 27, 2016

I'm of the same opinion, what in their recent history leads anyone to believe that we're not looking at another Cole, Taillon, Glasnow situation with Skenes, it's unrealistic to think we're going to see Skenes pitching game 7 in a World Series, they're going to use their tried and true method of operation, they'll ride him until he prices himself off the club, then trade him

Reactions: Coastal Kev

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad