OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: New season of plundering begins

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Well that loss broke me a little more than your average loss. Best starter goes 6 strong. 3 best relievers used, give up nothing. Then bam its over. It was really over when Reynolds ball landed 5 feet short - knew they weren't scoring after that. Another dozen or so left on. Bottom line is the team isn’t built to win. Just look at the lineup. 37 year old leadoff man. Our 3/4 are Joe and Olivares?? Grandal/Taylor can barely hit the ball out of their hands. Skenes/Jones arrived a year early and we have done nothing to support that. We work our ***** off to get near .500 and the offense puts up 2 runs in 2 games.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Well that loss broke me a little more than your average loss. Best starter goes 6 strong. 3 best relievers used, give up nothing. Then bam its over. It was really over when Reynolds ball landed 5 feet short - knew they weren't scoring after that. Another dozen or so left on. Bottom line is the team isn’t built to win. Just look at the lineup. 37 year old leadoff man. Our 3/4 are Joe and Olivares?? Grandal/Taylor can barely hit the ball out of their hands. Skenes/Jones arrived a year early and we have done nothing to support that. We work our ***** off to get near .500 and the offense puts up 2 runs in 2 games.
Yeah, the last two Skenes starts.

When you can't win with one of the best pitchers in the league, who is everything we hoped he would be, then what we are doing?

Reactions: wheelz87

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
People make fun of Moneyball for not mentioning Zito, Mulder, and Hudson but the Pirates are out here proving that a small market team can still be total dogshit with 3 great starting pitchers.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
It is absurd that Bae isn't getting a run before the TDL.
They claim there's no room on the infield

Uh... He can play outfield, dummies

You let Davis make a fool of himself a third of last year in RF

Except Bae can play in or out and is hitting consistently right now

Like they're sabotaging us. I know you don't want to shit on free agent signings, but MAT needs to pull a hamstring IL real quick.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
People make fun of Moneyball for not mentioning Zito, Mulder, and Hudson but the Pirates are out here proving that a small market team can still be total dogshit with 3 great starting pitchers.
That A’s team also had Miguel Tejada, Eric Chavez, Jermaine Dye and a rookie Carlos Pena (at least to start the year). I think that’s plus those pitchers is what people make fun of them for not mentioning.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I despise the offense holistically and the individual offensive players. Do they know that you're allowed to get hits when runners are on base?

Inclined to just sell and try to run it back next year with a different set of offensive players and philosophy. I wouldn't mind trading Cruz and/or Hayes either. I don't think either are winning players.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Nope. We aren't allowed to do anything but:

K looking
Single
Groundout
Walk
K
Leave at least one RISP

Every inning. Like clockwork.

*cruz homers and we take a lead lol

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Capps ripping on Shelton decision yesterday to not walk Duvall in 10th.

EDIT: Reynolds 0-4, most likely end of streak, as probably won't get another shot.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I don't trust Nicolas at all.

Hopefully that opening walk doesn't hurt us.

edit: single makes it 1st and 3rd, one out. we need a DP. Bart with a good block to prevent a WP and run scored. Nicolas gets next batter to K. 2 outs

No damage done, Nicolas strands both runners.

Hopefully we can get some insurance runs and also perhaps get Reynolds another AB.

EDIT: Mlodzinski does the job in the 8th. great job by Bart to get that foul ball behind home plate.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad