OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: New season of plundering begins

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Hmmmm.... Interesting.... Bases loaded with no outs twice this inning

Edit.. Well we got a few runs out of it, but the inning died on MAT at bat AGAIN.. Dude is a blackhole,
ABAVGHRRBISBOPS

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Nice job by Keller to get out of that inning. Also great to see Nicky G get off the cold streak and get 2 hits today.

Let's just lock this game down and cruise to an easy win please.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Phenomenal work by Keller to bail out Cruz and to some extent himself. Cruz just got too much on that throw after having a little bit of extra time. He's been consistent with the throws recently, but that and a weird bounce to hit India, then wildness from Keller, opened the door for the Reds to get right back in.

To slam the door like that and give them 0 runs is a huge momentum security in this one. Keller has still been extremely efficient, so the gameplan should be keep adding on and have him aim for 7 IP. Even 6-0 isn't that safe in this ballpark, but it seemed like the Reds could get 2 back there and came away with 0.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I know he just had that throwing error, but speaking of Cruz, I was a bit surprised to see that his shortstop defense has gotten a good bit better. He had an awful start to the year defensively where he was sitting at like a 5th percentile OAA with a -7 OAA or something like that, but he's currently sitting at a 20th percentile with a -3 OAA. I wouldn't be worried about needing to move Cruz to a new position if he's playing even just poor defense at SS.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I know he just had that throwing error, but speaking of Cruz, I was a bit surprised to see that his shortstop defense has gotten a good bit better. He had an awful start to the year defensively where he was sitting at like a 5th percentile OAA with a -7 OAA or something like that, but he's currently sitting at a 20th percentile with a -3 OAA. I wouldn't be worried about needing to move Cruz to a new position if he's playing even just poor defense at SS.
Not disputing this metric but it's kinda crazy how Elly Da La Cruz is 7th among SS at +6 OAA despite having a MLB leading 15 errors this year.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'd send Keller out to start the 6th here tbh

Yep Keller's going out to start the 6th and gets a quick 3 strike strikeout. Hope he can get through 6 here, would really help the bullpen.

4 pitches, 2 outs already. Hell of an efficient job by Keller here.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Hard to fault Taylor specifically for one really bad play, but that was horribly timed and this team just shoots itself in the foot.

If Mlodzinski can slam the door here, it will be ok, but Keller did a good job of shouldering the load tonight and we are leaving a crack in the door for the Reds to get back into this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad