OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Must be nice to have an org. that will fire a manger when they aren't performing up to snuff.

And yeah, that's an indictment on Cherington for not pulling the trigger on Shelton who is simply overmatched, like 98% of our hitters that come up through this system.
Well it could be worse the gm for the Angels got extended today

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
Remember, Shelton was a hitting coach before this gig. His powers combined with the man who ruined Yelich is a testament to good financial investment by Bob Nutting.
I just want SOMEONE held accountable, and not a double A hitting coach that helped a supposed key piece.

It's like Todd Reirden all over again, we all know the issue, and if the head coach/manager won't get fired, send a message somewhere.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
This "Skenes won't win the ROY" narrative is going to be shut up with more of these kind of starts :laugh:

It really seemed like the media was trying to manufacture a narrative with Skenes. They were saying he wasn't going to win the ROY because he had an insane ERA of 3.16 after the all-star game.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's really encouraging to see Yorke hitting well in AAA, but I don't mind the idea of letting him spend the rest of the year in AAA. He's still very young for AAA standards and I'd rather not risk screwing him up like they did with Davis.

With that said, I'd be calling up Cook once rosters expand.

Fogel

Analytics please
May 10, 2010
PA
This "Skenes won't win the ROY" narrative is going to be shut up with more of these kind of starts :laugh:

It really seemed like the media was trying to manufacture a narrative with Skenes. They were saying he wasn't going to win the ROY because he had an insane ERA of 3.16 after the all-star game.

Merrill is probably his biggest threat for ROY. He has the same OPS as Reynolds, is average to above average defensively depending on what metric you use in center field, and has played the full season. He leads in fWAR, Skenes leads in bWAR. He is also on a playoff team which counts with some older voters.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad