OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Another game where we are unexpectedly battling and capable of winning but you just can't shake the feeling that we'll lose.

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
*sigh*
dracula-eight.gif

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
And fans are stupid enough to fight over who is more to blame (the GM, the managers, the players).

We all know where the blame should reside. MLB and their puppet Nutting.

But of course, that horse has been beaten to death so people (like politics) focus on screaming at each over nonsensical entities.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
And fans are stupid enough to fight over who is more to blame (the GM, the managers, the players).

We all know where the blame should reside. MLB and their puppet Nutting.

But of course, that horse has been beaten to death so people (like politics) focus on screaming at each over nonsensical entities.
Sports are supposed to be a distraction

If you start applying actual logic and analysis of the entire industry, you'll just go on hikes instead.

I'm not attacking you, i don't think.

I'm just saying, bitching about sports is a fun pastime and more socially acceptable than us all sitting around the water cooler debating how infinitesimally small and meaningless we are in the universe and what does it all even matter when we all die one day anyway and why do our brains fight us the whole time when we could just be content and we work until our bodies are broken and where has my life gone..

Anyway, the Pirates really were just an arm and a bat away man, we got this next year, if nutting just invests in us, i swear I heard a rumor he would this time, let's go!!!

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Someone should do an in depth breakdown of how Cherrington drafted and developed in comparison to Baltimore and Milwaukee.

Of Course Nutting and MLB are the real culprits, but that doesn't excuse Cherrinton's epic failure as a GM>

Side note: Also chart the Brewers and Pirates hitting performance organizationally since Haines left the Brewers and was added by the Pirates.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Brewers have 10 more homers then us they have 4 guys with 14 plus homers we have 3. They have 5 guys with 50 rbs or more we have 2 our 3rd best rbi was Gonzalez and Tellez at 39

Reactions: BusinessGoose

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Cherington has been here 5 years. We have the 27th ranked minor league system, we have produced no hitters under him, and there are none on the way. That Haines still has a job is absurd given that no one ever gets better on this team and they almost all get worse, but Cherington has absolutely failed at building the depth he always claimed to be aiming for. We are 5 years in and nothing has really changed other than a couple of starters being good. We can bitch and moan about the owner or the manager, but the GM is not doing his job at all.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
It took 7 years to win under Huntington and he never produced a playoff series win in 13 years as GM. Was he an epic failure?

Everything has been an epic failure under this owner. That's the problem.

Firing everyone below Nutting does nothing. That's the only fact that matters.

MLB does not want this team to be good. So it won't.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
It took 7 years to win under Huntington and he never produced a playoff series win in 13 years as GM. Was he an epic failure?

Everything has been an epic failure under this owner. That's the problem.

Firing everyone below Nutting does nothing. That's the only fact that matters.

MLB does not want this team to be good. So it won't.

While I agree mostly with what you are saying. Cherington's inability to build a prospect pool commensurate with where they have been drafting and via his trading has nothing to do with Nutting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad