Chisholm traded
Pitching struggling

Lol

Reactions: td_ice

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Gonzales only going 2.1 IP really set up a disastrous chain of events. Having to rely on the crappy long guys we currently have. Santana did his job though. In hindsight, maybe he should have gone a little longer. But wouldn't matter much. Priester was next up, and he wasn't ready at all.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I've got no problem selling off any guys we know will not be here next year. If we can't buy, then we are probably done. If we are done, then take advantage of a seller's market, if it is one, and sell.

Or as DJ mentioned, if you can get a great haul for Bednar, then you do it. (failing being able to add a bat or two.)

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I was at a wedding, saw that we battled and then Priester blew the game.

Maybe we are just an average team playing a brutal schedule. Hard to justify adding given the prices. If they lose tomorrow, close up shop on the season IMO.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
What's frustrating is that the offense has performed well enough and it didn't matter. Even last night against Gallen, we did enough to win.

After not pulling that one out, it seemed like it would come down to Keller anyways. Hopefully Reynolds is back.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I like Rengifo. I came here to post this, which mentions him:

It's just an aggregate of players who Feinsand thinks will be dealt, but he includes us as fits for Rengifo, Conforto, Yazstremski, Elias Diaz, Yandy Diaz, and Pham.

He doesn't list us as a fit for Thomas, but I like Rengifo for a similar reason as I like Thomas: adding some speed on the bases could be a good way for the offense to be more than the sum of its parts.

I also like the idea of Yazstremski, who has been heating up. If we're going to make a move for these kinds of players, then I kind of think we need to get multiple, especially with Gonzales now going down for injury (even though he's been bad lately besides the clutch hits).

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
If this won't get Rooker from Oakland, you know prices are high.

Davis
Suwinski
Harrington
White Jr
Delgado

But I'd do that, given how much pitching depth we have in the minors + who we already have in the majors. I really like Harrington but Rooker is a 40+ HR hitter right now. K's are dropping, advanced data is really good. And if Cherington actually danged that, Oakland would be foolish not to act.

Then I'd send Mueth + a lotto ticket to LA for Rengifo who covers 2B with Gonzo out and can play multiple other spots down the line.

Rengifo - 2B
Cruz - SS
Reynolds - LF
Rooker - RF
Tellez - 1B
Cutch - DH
Bart - C
Hayes - 3B
Taylor - CF (would also like to see this spot upgrade but asking for 3 deals would be like asking for world peace)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad