Canucks 2024-2025 Line Combinations and Roster Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
I don't believe for a second J.T. loses anything from last season to this. Does he live here in the offseason, anyone?

I don't think we'll notice much drop in play for JT at all, but both he and Brock are not going to be shooting 19% this year so we should expect a drop if numbers. Hope I'm wrong thoug

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
F:

Heinen-Miller-Boeser
Hogs/Sprong-EP-Debrusk
Joshua-Suter/Blueger-Garland
Hogs/Sprong-Suter/Blueger-Sherwood
Ex: Blais, PDG
Sprong can be out of the lineup at any given time being replaced by Blais instead.

D:

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers/Desharnais
Forbort- Desharnais/Myers

G :

Silovs
?
*Demko (injured)

Reactions: Coffees and andora

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Going with my stacked line up....................

Miller Pettersson Boeser
Joshua Bluger Garlund
Hoglander Heinen Debrusk
Sherwood Suter Sprong
PDG

Hughes Hronek
Soucy Myers
Forbort VD

Demco
Silvos

-------Call ups---or could make the team-----

Bloom Aman Lekkerimaki
( LW? ) Raty Karlsson

EP2 Juulsen
Wolanin Friedman
Hirose Woo

Patera

I'm thinking it's going to be a fun season as we have a good mix of guys with strength, agility and defensive attributes. I like the forward group and I do believe that a rookie could end up on the opening night roster. Tocchet does have options with this versatile group.
Defense, we all know what the problem is and that's the 3rd pair but I'm sure Soucy and Myers will float between the lines to keep their minutes reasonable.
Lets get this season started :cheers:

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Jim Rutherford interviews with IMac as we hit September.....opines that this version of the Canucks is even stronger than the one that broke camp last season. He cites the scoring depth up and down the lineup; and the benefits of a full season with Tocchet behind the bench.

Hard to argue with him. With the exception of maybe one puck moving blueliner, and a bit more scoring from the third-fourth line center position; this team looks pretty stacked. Wouldn't be a huge shock if they can hold off Edmonton and Vegas, and top the Pacific Division once again.

Reactions: David71

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
this vancouvers version of the bottom 6 is by far the best out of any team in the league. who else has almost the same to vancouver? guys that can move up and down in case of injuries.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Hogs - Petey - Debrusk
Heinen - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Sprong - Suter - Sherwood
PDG, Aman

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - Myers
Forbert - Desharnais
Juulsen

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I wonder what the plan is for PP2 this year.

Who's taking the faceoffs for that unit?

Garland, Sprong, Suter, Hronek. Who's the 5th? Are we scoring a ton?

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Figure out a stacked unit and play them for the whole thing like EDM
A lot resting on Pettersson getting his shot & confidence back as well as DeBrusk being the perfect 5th man.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Only questions I have are how the Suter/Blueger battle works out in camp for 3C, and what the depth chart looks like the on the right-side defense. Everything else looks pretty set, outside obviously the goaltending uncertainly, but that's not really a line-up issue, more an organizational depth issue.

I expect Hoglander/Sprong to basically be rotational depending on what's going on at the time.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Only questions I have are how the Suter/Blueger battle works out in camp for 3C, and what the depth chart looks like the on the right-side defense. Everything else looks pretty set, outside obviously the goaltending uncertainly, but that's not really a line-up issue, more an organizational depth issue.

I expect Hoglander/Sprong to basically be rotational depending on what's going on at the time.
I don't think it should be a question. We know blueger worked with Joshua and Garland, and it allows them to play higher leverage minutes if Blueger is the one centering.

Hoglander - Suter -Lafferty was a very good line early in the season for us.

If you're taking Hoglander out for Sprong and Lafferty out for Sherwood, there's some similarities there and I think that line is going to demolish other teams fourth lines offensively. It just may not be a typical "physical" fourth line.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
I don't think it should be a question. We know blueger worked with Joshua and Garland, and it allows them to play higher leverage minutes if Blueger is the one centering.

Hoglander - Suter -Lafferty was a very good line early in the season for us.

If you're taking Hoglander out for Sprong and Lafferty out for Sherwood, there's some similarities there and I think that line is going to demolish other teams fourth lines offensively. It just may not be a typical "physical" fourth line.

It's absolutely a question. The club has repeatedly said they'll look at both players in that spot in camp. It's an open battle at this point. I expect they actually end up in some type of rotation depending on whether they are defending a lead or need a more offensive look to the line.

Suter had very limited time with Joshua-Garland last year, but it was tried. Most insiders have noted that the coaches view both options as viable.

Reactions: Peen

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
The biggest question to me is who the third player is on the Pettersson line. I think its likely that Debrusk starts the year with Pettersson, and I think if Hoglander/Sherwood/Sprong is able to be the third player, then we would see a second line of Heinen - Miller - Boeser. This would allow Bleuger and Suter to be the third and fourth line centres.

However, it was pretty clear to me that the Canucks wanted to upgrade the wingers that Pettersson played with, and keeping Hoglander with him may not make sense, and Sherwood or Sprong isn't necessarily a big upgrade, so perhaps they won't go this route. But if Heinen is bumped to play with Pettersson, then you need Suter to play on the Miller line (unless Sherwood surprises) in which case you need Aman to play as your forth line centre (which he hasn't really proven the ability to do so regularly).

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Hogs - Petey - Debrusk
Heinen - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Sprong - Suter - Sherwood
PDG, Aman

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - Myers
Forbert - Desharnais
Juulsen
I see this as the most likely line-up if no other moves are made before training camp. Hoglander and Sprong will interchange depending on how training camp goes. Debrusk and Heinen may interchange. I all depends on chemistry.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
i think pettersson is getting debrusk and heinen to start with suter (or pdg) playing with miller and boeser. i do think if they don't click immediately tho there's a good chance debrusk will end up with miller and boeser as the defacto first line with pettersson playing with a rotating cast of misfits again

i think they should try miller or pettersson between joshua and garland with boeser and debrusk with whoever is left over and then a heinen - suter - hoglander/sherwood/sprong line as the 3rd. that would give them the most offensive depth imo but they seem to really not like garland with either miller or pettersson. the 4th line would be bad tho with some arrangement of blueger, aman, sherwood, sprong, hoglander and pdg

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
i think pettersson is getting debrusk and heinen to start with suter (or pdg) playing with miller and boeser. i do think if they don't click immediately tho there's a good chance debrusk will end up with miller and boeser as the defacto first line with pettersson playing with a rotating cast of misfits again

i think they should try miller or pettersson between joshua and garland with boeser and debrusk with whoever is left over and then a heinen - suter - hoglander/sherwood/sprong line as the 3rd. that would give them the most offensive depth imo but they seem to really not like garland with either miller or pettersson. the 4th line would be bad tho with some arrangement of blueger, aman, sherwood, sprong, hoglander and pdg

I’d be surprised if Heinen isn’t initially pencilled in with Miller-Boeser as if they liked Suter there he brings a lot of the same characteristics. You then have quite a few options for Pettersson’s other wing (mainly Hoglander, Sprong and Sherwood … huge long shot Lekkerimäki). Could be wrong, but given the lack of centre depth and abundance of winger depth I think the preference will be to start Suter at C.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013

Garland was good with Pettersson last year and now they have Joshua signed with term. I also think they should explore it, especially given that I think DeBrusk might be fun with Miller.

There's way more options to do things this year imo

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Damn!.....Quinn Hughes looks like 'a man on a mission' in those Sportsnet interviews. I know when a guy wins the Norris, there's often a regression the next season.

But Hughes might blow that trend of the water. Is there a chance he could be even more dynamic than he was last year? You can't rule it out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad