OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Dull days of July

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
Every single time I hear Skenes talk, it seems like he's genuinely grateful and loves playing for the Pirates. I pray that this team can make the same commitment to him that the Royals made to Witt Jr.
It probably helps when you know Olivia Dunne is always a text away.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I don't get these posts

He wasnt good back then, either

Why can we not complain if results aren't happening? We HAVE to all play the long game in hopes of i-told-you-so'ing posts later in the year?

You remember the posts very poorly.

It wasn't "man, Reynolds is having a rough start". It was "Bryan Reynolds has never gotten a clutch hit and they should trade him before his value plummets!".

And if I can't make fun of posters for saying they should trade the Bucs' top position player for years based on a slow start what are we even doing here?

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
You remember the posts very poorly.

It wasn't "man, Reynolds is having a rough start". It was "Bryan Reynolds has never gotten a clutch hit and they should trade him before his value plummets!".

And if I can't make fun of posters for saying they should trade the Bucs' top position player for years based on a slow start what are we even doing here?

Show your work.

There may have been complaints but you're blowing it out of proportion to make some sort of point I guess.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Glad to see Reynolds doing well after going 15 days without an RBI earlier this year.

Good to know those games didn't count but these ones do. But hey, the guy is the the best offensive player on a bottom tier offense. Good job bro.

As of now the problem is Joe, Gonzales, Cutch, Hayes and Olivares. Joe in particular...he was our designated weapon against left handed starting pitching. Now he couldn't barrel a baseball to save his life. I can see why Kansas City let Olivares go for nothing. AAA-AAAA player.

Oh yeah and MAT with the 2-strike bunt attempts lol. Some real "hitting pitcher" vibes with this guy.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Post in thread 'Raise the Jolly Roger: New season of plundering begins' OT: - Raise the Jolly Roger: New season of plundering begins

Here was my post. Wow what a huge criticism of Reynolds and not NewAge getting on his Najee persecution complex again.

Man thanks for finding this because if I remembered that you questioned Reynolds' leadership like you are in the locker room and not some rando on the interwebs I would have made more fun of you.

I also wasn't singling you out as I remember several people were strongly on the Reynolds hot takes bandwagon at the time but you are clearly taking this very personally.

Let's leave the dumb shit people say in tbe Steelers thread to the Steelers thread.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Good to know those games didn't count but these ones do. But hey, the guy is the the best offensive player on a bottom tier offense. Good job bro.

Reynolds has like the 2nd highest OPS amongst National League outfielders. Is he supposed to make the rest of the lineup not suck or something?

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
The sad thing is ---- if we had ownership -- we would add a much needed starting pitcher and two bats. This team is actually terrifying to play against in the playoffs NOW but with some help they could literally win it all.

However ownership .....

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Man thanks for finding this because if I remembered that you questioned Reynolds' leadership like you are in the locker room and not some rando on the interwebs I would have made more fun of you.

I also wasn't singling you out as I remember several people were strongly on the Reynolds hot takes bandwagon at the time but you are clearly taking this very personally.

Let's leave the dumb shit people say in tbe Steelers thread to the Steelers thread.

Yeah, like on the next page you said that Bednar was sucking because he was clearly still injured. Never mind that he got better thereafter. I guess you were just some rando on the interwebs and not a team doctor. Funny how that works.

• Wow

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Yeah, like on the next page you said that Bednar was sucking because he was clearly still injured. Never mind that he got better thereafter. I guess you were just some rando on the interwebs and not a team doctor. Funny how that works.
I was speculating that Bednar was suffering lingering effects from his injury based on him having no command of his fastball early in the year.

It isn't really the same thing as determining that somebody I never met is a bad leader because they had a slump in April lol.

I mean if you didn't like the post I made that started this all you could have just ignored it and moved on with your life instead of whining and crying about somebody on a sports forum making fun of hot takes that aged terribly.

Last edited:

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Speculating that Bednar was suffering lingering effects from his injury was based on him having no command of his fastball early in the year.

It isn't really the same thing as determining that somebody I never met is a bad leader because they had a slump in April lol.

I mean if you didn't like the post I made that started this all you could have just ignored it and moved on with your life instead of whining and crying about somebody on a sports forum making fun of hot takes that aged terribly.

Or someone misrepresenting my take as saying we should trade him before his value plummets. Maybe if you weren't a chronic exaggerator these things wouldn't happen. But whatever.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Or someone misrepresenting my take as saying we should trade him before his value plummets. Maybe if you weren't a chronic exaggerator these things wouldn't happen. But whatever.

Dude again when I made the original post I was making fun of the fact that several posters were saying Reynolds isn't clutch. I didn't even remember what particular posters said what because I am not a weirdo.

You are the one who brought your own posts into this on your own accord. You in general seem to take sports forum posting way too seriously.

I mean, we've all said things that have aged terribly. It isn't a big deal. Learn to laugh at yourself. You'll be happier in life.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Dude again when I made the original post I was making fun of the fact that several posters were saying Reynolds isn't clutch. I didn't even remember what particular posters said what because I am not a weirdo.

You are the one who brought your own posts into this on your own accord. You in general seem to take sports forum posting way too seriously.

I mean, we've all said things that have aged terribly. It isn't a big deal. Learn to laugh at yourself. You'll be happier in life.

Cheers to that.

Reactions: NewAgeOutlaw

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

You calling anyone out is irony at its finest.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Damn, I had no idea today was an afternoon game.

Glad to see we won. I guess I can watch it later off the DVR.

• Wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad