Raise the Jolly Roger - Are You Ready For 98 Wins & An Absurdly Early Off-Season?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
And Buffalo, and philly.. and people here need to take their fandom hats off with this "most passionate fans" crap. Probably the same people who follow the "most loveable city" mantra regurgitated by the last mayor.

You're still in the wrong. 80% of all sports fans are bandwagon fans, it's not a new or localized phenomena.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I'm from New England. Bar none the biggest bandwagoners ever.

No one gave a rat's behind about the Patriots thirty years ago. Now that's all they talk about because every other team is a loser who hasn't won in at least two years.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
You are comparing a team that has struggled in the playoffs for over a decade to a team that has been there for 3 years, 2 of which where they ran into unhittable aces. Remove yourself from the disappointment of this particular game and realize that this team's window is wide open for years to come.

The Cards won 100. Last team to do that was 4 seasons ago. It's no failure that the Bucs failed to win the division. They won more games than 28 teams this year. If we are suckers, the word that describes you is likely not to be uttered on this site.

Nutting loves you...!

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
You are comparing a team that has struggled in the playoffs for over a decade to a team that has been there for 3 years, 2 of which where they ran into unhittable aces. Remove yourself from the disappointment of this particular game and realize that this team's window is wide open for years to come.

Hard to compare running into the hottest ace in do or die 1 game situations to 5 and 7 games series.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
And Buffalo, and philly.. and people here need to take their fandom hats off with this "most passionate fans" crap. Probably the same people who follow the "most liveable city" mantra regurgitated by the last mayor.

Why? If the city is all bandwagoners, they sure came out today in force. The city was nuts. They have been buzzing for a week. That stadium is packed right now. They stadium has been packed all year.

So because the stadiums weren't packed when the team was a bottom dweller, that is going to be used against the city? Because that happens with every bad team.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Philly is 5 times the size of Pittsburgh. Just by sheer population, Philly is going to sell tickets when they're bad.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Guess I'll be rooting for the Rangers now. Can't stand any of the rest of the NL teams remaining. We may have just let Hurdle's eventual replacement get away. Only time will tell.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
And Buffalo, and philly.. and people here need to take their fandom hats off with this "most passionate fans" crap. Probably the same people who follow the "most liveable city" mantra regurgitated by the last mayor.

If you really believe that other cities don't have bandwagoners, you need to get out more.

And you're right. It's totally nuts for the mayor of a city to be proud of and promote his city :shakehead

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

Doesn't Groundhog Day get boring after awhile? No offense, but I'm not really looking forward to your posts in April where your mantra of "We'll be fine" as the Buccos start out five or six below .500 again. Because that's why we are in this dumbass play-in game again.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
If you really believe that other cities don't have bandwagoners, you need to get out more.

And you're right. It's totally nuts for the mayor of a city to be proud of and promote his city :shakehead

That wasn't even his. That most livable city is some sort of national poll that takes several factors into account.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Sounds like you need to get out more.

I've lived outside of Pittsburgh. I know what other cities are like. If you hate the place so much, move. I guarantee you'll be disappointed if you think people will be any different.

That wasn't even his. That most livable city is some sort of national poll that takes several factors into account.

Oh, I know. It was Forbes or the Economist or some publication like that. That's my point. Why wouldn't the mayor of a city talk about that kind of thing?

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Doesn't Groundhog Day get boring after awhile? No offense, but I'm not really looking forward to your posts in April where your mantra of "We'll be fine" as the Buccos start out five or six below .500 again. Because that's why we are in this dumbass play-in game again.

Well, they were fine after sitting under .500... so there's that

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Nutting loves you...!

Another tremendously mature and well thought out argument!

It's amazing that you know so much about baseball yet rarely post in this thread. Of course, you've managed to show up when they are losing a do-or-die playoff game to run down the team and organization as a whole. People like you always come out of the woodwork at times like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad