Raise the Jolly Roger - Are You Ready For 98 Wins & An Absurdly Early Off-Season?!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
1, 1, 0, and 0 so far tonight - runs the Pirates have scored in their past 3+ postseason games. :(

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
He's not going anywhere.

I'm not saying he's getting canned after this game... but, by not fault of his own, just the way he manages and his philosophies, he's not a long term manager for a team and this team can't really afford to hang onto him past his sell-by date.

The HCMT comp was very, very spot on. Good coach/manager, just not a style/philosophy that is built for a long term tenure or leading a veteran team to the title (which is what the Pirates are now).

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
He's not going anywhere.

One more season like this and they have to seriously start thinking about a change. Hurdle's managing career is a lot like his playing career. Highly touted but just didn't have the "It" factor.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Jesus... Cutch is a fastball hitter, best in the league, and he watches more early count fastballs down the dick of the plate than any player at any level.

IT'S YOUR BREAD AND BUTTER PITCH... EARLY IN THE COUNT... YOU'RE DOWN 3-0, PITCH COUNT DOESN't MATTER NOW... SWING THE GALD DARN BAT!

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
To Arrieta's credit...he's ****in mowing them down.

It's so obvious the guy is juiced it's almost laughable. He showed himself to be a middling starter his entire career to now having insane unhittable stuff

Amazing what people can away with in this country when the right people turn their heads the other way.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Jesus... Cutch is a fastball hitter, best in the league, and he watches more early count fastballs down the dick of the plate than any player at any level.

IT'S YOUR BREAD AND BUTTER PITCH... EARLY IN THE COUNT... YOU'RE DOWN 3-0, PITCH COUNT DOESN't MATTER NOW... SWING THE GALD DARN BAT!

Amen.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
A Pittsburgh special.. the bigger the game the bigger the choke. I just feel bad that people put up big money to come watch this crap.

cajal

Go Pens!
Dec 13, 2007
Miskatonic U
I just hope that if the Bucs go out, they don't go out as meekly as they've been playing thus far. I know there are no moral victories, but this has been embarrassing thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad