GDT: RAGNARÖKR CLAN SKOGVAKTARE @ CLAN STORMNING AKA GAME 7 NEW YORK RANGERS @ CAROLINA HURRICANES

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Also don't think that I've forgotten that the franchise lied their f***ing asses off about Freddie to sell tickets. Those f***ers knew he wouldn't be back and still led us along to keep selling those tickets.

He was 1-2 weeks away nearly 8 weeks ago and he's still not practicing. f***ing horseshit organization to pull that bullshit on us. Used us for our f***ing money.
Vegas appeared to know from the get go.

Razputyn

Feb 24, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Also don't think that I've forgotten that the franchise lied their f***ing asses off about Freddie to sell tickets. Those f***ers knew he wouldn't be back and still led us along to keep selling those tickets.

He was 1-2 weeks away nearly 8 weeks ago and he's still not practicing. f***ing horseshit organization to pull that bullshit on us. Used us for our f***ing money.
I guess you're gonna stop supporting and pulling for this terrible lying organization then?

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

Well, the flip side is more money means more options, and eventually a more successful team.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ CANES TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Time for this franchise to stop bargin bin shopping and finally go big-game hunting...they'll never make it if they don't get some better top-end players.
This core will not win the Cup. We have no elite talent. We have a team of excellent complementary pieces with nobody that can take the top off.

It's why we look like dogshit when we can't control matchups. We have nobody that can take over a game and you can't win a title without legitimate game breaking playmakers

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Raanta played well enough for this to be over by now. But our offense just sucks, especially on the road. Our special teams suck in the playoffs AGAIN. This is a complete organizational failure.
Yep. The failure to put this away in game 3 is coming back to bite us in the ass. Dude has never played this many games in a row in the NHL and you can tell from game 6 and the way he's fighting the puck tonight.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
We were down in game 7 before the 3rd in the 06 ECF. Channeling that energy right now…
That team was just loaded with veteran players that had been around the block several times and weren't phased by anything. With an aggressive young coach in Laviolette.

Unfortunately this team is kind of the opposite other than a few players.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Ferraro comment was right about stating Canes were loose all year by taking too many penalties. Playoff hockey requires discipline.

But… it all comes down to:
if Freddie was in the nets, the series would be over already.

also….I’m really disappointed in 77-pesce-Skjei, 37 (he hasn’t played well in more than 3 of our 14), Aho. Outside of Svetch, Canes aren’t kids anymore.

Btw: penalty kills in playoffs require total commitment (lol at how many shots Tampa blocked versus Toronto and Florida) plus bigger d. We have guys like Skjei turning to the side.

Finally, getting Domi was a waste. Much better guys available that were snatched up by other playoff teams. This is our SC window and Borg failed.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Worst part is I thought both penalties were necessary. Aho hooked the guy in front when the puck leaked through a block, and there was a 2 on 1 if the extra man doesn’t jump on assuming Jarvis can get off. They just couldn’t kill either after a historic season on the PK.

No Jarvis is ominous; don’t feel good about a comeback without him and with the lines in a blender. SAT will need to dominate to come back.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA

When you learned it was Raanta starting each game instead of Andersen, did you sell your tickets? Or did you still go?

Even if this was a blatant lie to sell tickets (at best an oversimplification, at worst a ridiculous theory), I can’t imagine anyone who would have gone in on playoff tickets deciding not to because Raanta’s in net giving us .925 goaltending. Maybe I’m wrong.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Ferraro comment was right about stating Canes were loose all year by taking too many penalties. Playoff hockey requires discipline.

But… it all comes down to:
if Freddie was in the nets, the series would be over already.

also….I’m really disappointed in 77-pesce-Skjei, 37 (he hasn’t played well in more than 3 of our 14), Aho. Outside of Svetch, Canes aren’t kids anymore.

Btw: penalty kills in playoffs require total commitment (lol at how many shots Tampa blocked versus Toronto and Florida) plus bigger d. We have guys like Skjei turning to the side.

Finally, getting Domi was a waste. Much better guys available that were snatched up by other playoff teams. This is our SC window and Borg failed.
Man this team has been too loose about penalties for 4 f***ing years now. Brindy should have cleaned that shit up years ago, and by now I just don't think he knows how

LostInaLostWorld

Work?
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2016
Central City

I don't understand your hangup with this. I mean do you think they wouldn't have sold tickets if Rod had said "2-3 weeks but with these injuries it could be longer"? STH are already sold. Or do you think game day fans would say"I'm not going to buy in advance unless I know Freddie is in goal"? The arena was pretty damn full the end of the season. The guy isn't skating but you think he'll play in 3 days? Makes no sense to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad