Player Discussion Radko Gudas

pesko

Sep 14, 2004
Artturi Lehkonen was on a podcast a while ago talking about his rookie season and told the story of his first encounter with Gudas. When they were waiting for the puck to drop Gudas stared him down and shouted 'Who the **** are you?' and then said something in czech to Plekanec who was in the same line as Lehkonen. After the game Lehkonen learned what he said was 'Did you bring your kid to work?'

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
This is exactly the type of deal I was hoping for in May.

It's not a good contract but it doesn't matter at all. Brings something we need and we don't have shit else we need to spend cap on.
Its a market contract for a UFA. Identical $4.0M AAV to Gudbranson with one less year term. $500k less per year than Manson, also for one less year of term.

Even if he's bad the third year, this was a great signing.

it's pretty much the Stoner signing.

Not even close. Horrible take. Stoner was never a feared physical presence and Gudas is also a much better player

In two years everyone will be dying to get him off the ice but *shrug*

Who cares? I think you could say this about pretty much every UFA signing. Welcome to the NHL. Meanwhile, in the short term two major needs are filled - an NHL caliber D-man and a lot of truculence.

Last edited:

Firequacker

used wall of text! It's not very effective...
Jun 3, 2022
Should it be concerning that the team announced Killorn right away but hasn't announced Gudas yet?

(edit, there it is, four and a half hours after everyone knew :laugh:)

Last edited:

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
CapFriendly seems to think there is no trade protection on this deal, which would be very nice for us. Assuming his play doesn’t fall off a cliff, someone will be willing to pay something for him at 50% retained in a couple years.

Reactions: Static

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1688248313287.png

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Fantastic signing! Will insulate the kids and tech them how to play. Contract isnt a concern as we have the space and he comes off before our next wave of big contracts.

Reactions: Vinegar Strokes

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
I love the signing. 1 year too long for it to be perfect, but you gotta convince him to come here some how.

But, I'm calling it now, he will be the new whipping boy. At some point people will be trashing him just like Shattenkirk. I really hope I am wrong.

Either way, even if he is an overpaid 3rd pairing guy he still brings an element that we desperately needed.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
I love the signing. 1 year too long for it to be perfect, but you gotta convince him to come here some how.

But, I'm calling it now, he will be the new whipping boy. At some point people will be trashing him just like Shattenkirk. I really hope I am wrong.

Either way, even if he is an overpaid 3rd pairing guy he still brings an element that we desperately needed.

You could be right. But even if his defensive play falls off, he'll still bring toughness and a presence that Shat never had.

And in 2 or so years, they'll trade him for "something", which is more than we got for Shat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yemeth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad