Player Discussion Radko Gudas

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I don’t understand why we are so bad at timing. We didn’t go hard after him when he was 30, but we decide to go hard after him at 33. How is he going to look when he’s 36? Is he going to get an injury working out with medicine balls like Souray?

I would have preferred Schenn’s contract even with more $$$.

Well… at least we didn’t give that money to Holl.
Doesn’t matter how he looks when he’s 36. His contract will be expiring by then lol

• Haha
Reactions: cheesymc

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Was definitely one of the targets I hoped PV would go after. I dig it. He's not a top-pairing guy by any means, but at least he's a legit NHL D-man and tough to play against and fills a need. As long as he stays serviceable, it's not a terrible contract.

Reactions: CrazyDuck4u

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Was definitely one of the targets I hoped PV would go after. I dig it. He's not a top-pairing guy by any means, but at least he's a legit NHL D-man and tough to play against and fills a need. As long as he stays serviceable, it's not a terrible contract.
I love signings that have zero upside and can only get worse haha. When you sign someone and immediately think day one…”hopefully he can hold up ok…“

I think we will love him year 1… but he will take a nosedive before year 3

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
At that point we can just buy him out, ship him to a competitor, or bury him the AHL. *shrugs*

Yeah in 2-3 years, a lot of our D prospects should be ready or fully established in the NHL. The AAV is steep but the term is more than fine, given our time-line.

Reactions: lwvs84

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Love it. Welcome aboard Radko, now sign a forward that can protect the youngsters as well.

Can’t believe anyone would dislike this signing, who cares about the contract, it’s not going to inhibit us in any way. We needed to insulate and protect our prospects so they can develop properly. Huge hole filled.

Gudas can also play regular minutes and he’s known as a great teammate.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
The contract won't hurt us, assuming he plays this season Carlsson will need a contract in 3 years. You can always keep Gudas as a #7 of necessary and save the money for new contracts the next year. Actually, I think that's when Minty, Zell, etc will need new ones too. Having $4 mil come off the books that summer is great.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Love the signing, now get a face puncher for the 4th line because Carrick can’t handle that role.
Not many left… slow footed Gadjovich?

Would be interesting since Jones bloodied him up with a dirty cross check in juniors.

It would have been nice to have him last year. He beat down agitator Jenik (who crushed Z with a big hit last year).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad