Draft R6 #191: Rangers select Rico Gredig (LW, HC Davos/Swiss NL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Elite Prospects: Rico Gredig - Stats, Contract, Salary & More

Late riser. Surprisingly made the Davos NL team out of camp and ran with the chance he got. Got more and more icetime until he finally got hurt. Strong two way forward. Until this season I thought he was a winger but he actually did very well for Switzerland as a shutdown Center at the WJC20.

Smooth skating. I also think he's taller and bigger than his EP profile says. If not he's certainly playing bigger. Physical player. Solid skillset but nothing too crazy.

I think the Rangers just liked his trajectory and him playing such a mature two way game at the highest level in Europe. They may also liked the versatility he displayed at the WJC20. If he continues to trend nicely then I could see him make the NHL in a bottom six role. I don't know if he's gonna make it but he's come a long way in recent months.

Ranked #123 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (EU Skaters)

Last edited:

djzbad

Jun 10, 2022

IMG_0814.jpeg

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
He played at the WJCs this year and apparently impressed enough later in the year to get a pro deal in Switzerland. There should be tape on him if you want to go back and watch the Swiss games.
Signed his pro gig in March 24 but actually made the NL team out of camp in 2023. Unfortunately he got knocked out by former NHLer Yannick Weber shortly after signing that deal and hasn't played since. This is why he hasn't played more NL games this season and missed playoffs. It was a brutal hit and Gredig is most certainly dealing with a concussion.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Signed his pro gig in March 24 but actually made the NL team out of camp in 2023. Unfortunately he got knocked out by former NHLer Yannick Weber shortly after signing that deal and hasn't played since. This is why he hasn't played more NL games this season and missed playoffs. It was a brutal hit and Gredig is most certainly dealing with a concussion.

Can you give us some more details on him? Thanks for that, by the way. I mean, we can basically find nothing on the guy.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Can you give us some more details on him? Thanks for that, by the way. I mean, we can basically find nothing on the guy.

Late riser. Surprisingly made the Davos NL team out of camp and ran with the chance he got. Got more and more icetime until he finally got hurt. Strong two way forward. Until this season I thought he was a winger but he actually did very well for Switzerland as a shutdown Center at the WJC20.

Smooth skating. I also think he's taller and bigger than his EP profile says. If not he's certainly playing bigger. Physical player. Solid skillset but nothing too crazy.

I think the Rangers just liked his trajectory and him playing such a mature two way game at the highest level in Europe. They may also liked the versatility he displayed at the WJC20. If he continues to trend nicely then I could see him make the NHL in a bottom six role. I don't know if he's gonna make it but he's come a long way in recent months.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

Thanks so much. This is great. @nyr2k2 - you should add this to the first post for now.

@Hinterland - So basically, we're looking at a 3rd/4th line center candidate who may be a bit bigger than listed. He's 6'1" 180 per NHL; so thinking more like 6'2", 6'3"?

He should be eligible for the Swiss team again this year. Hopefully he takes a bit of a leadership role if he stays healthy and makes the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad