Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] F Viktor Arvidsson signs with the Oilers (2 years, $4M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I will admit, I hate this because it is a decent signing for Edmonton. He is someone that can put up a lot of points on the Oilers, especially if he gets an opportunity on the 2nd PP unit. Obviously, his biggest draw back is health. Whether it is his groin, back, or you name it, he has had a significant injury there and has missed time. When healthy, he is a top 6 forward and 30 goal threat, but when injured he is much less and typically misses large lengths of time.

Superlative Soup

Lights too bright
Apr 8, 2013
Saskatchewan
I will admit, I hate this because it is a decent signing for Edmonton. He is someone that can put up a lot of points on the Oilers, especially if he gets an opportunity on the 2nd PP unit. Obviously, his biggest draw back is health. Whether it is his groin, back, or you name it, he has had a significant injury there and has missed time. When healthy, he is a top 6 forward and 30 goal threat, but when injured he is much less and typically misses large lengths of time.
Oilers don’t have a 2nd PP unit

Edmonton has a second PP unit?

• Haha
Reactions: Telos

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Not a bad contract but he’s also playing for a team where he is likely to take a lot of physical abuse with no one standing up for him. This will look really good if he can stay healthy but also really bad if he spends a bunch of time injured. High risk/High reward scenario

JD86

Feb 29, 2024
He's injury prone and he can't score in the playoffs. But he's got a nonstop motor and he'll put up really good numbers in the regular season if he stays healthy.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
My 2nd favorite player on the Kings . Oilers just got a 70+ point player who is competitive and very creative especially on the PP . This is insane ! Dont listen to others saying he doesnt produce in the playoffs thats horse shettt hes been our only consistent and competitive player besides Kempe . Fk u guys lol

My 2nd favorite player on the Kings . Oilers just got a 70+ point player who is competitive and very creative especially on the PP . This is insane ! Dont listen to others saying he doesnt produce in the playoffs thats horse shettt hes been our only consistent and competitive player besides Kempe . Fk u guys lol

JD86

Feb 29, 2024
No one says he isn't competitive. Do you know what the word produce means?

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
No one says he isn't competitive. Do you know what the word produce means?
He will produce 70+ points in regular season as long as he is healthy and he plays in tbe playoffs no matter what cause hes a warrior. And he always produces in the playoffs especially with the opportunity to play in Oilers top 6 he will be over PPG in the playoffs

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
He's injury prone and he can't score in the playoffs. But he's got a nonstop motor and he'll put up really good numbers in the regular season if he stays healthy.
Yeah Zach Hyman was a guy who "couldn't score in the playoffs" when he got to Edmonton. Since then he has 29 goals in 51 playoff games.

Reactions: Jarvi

JD86

Feb 29, 2024
Yeah Zach Hyman was a guy who "couldn't score in the playoffs" when he got to Edmonton. Since then he has 29 goals in 51 playoff games.
OK. They're not really similar at all and I certainly wouldn't use an extreme outlier like Hyman to predict other players' futures. Also I think Hyman had about 30 postseason games before EDM and nothing outside of round 1. Arvidsson has over 70.

But yeah, he might produce well in Edmonton, and he should definitely have a fantastic center to play with. I just wouldn't bet on him, I watched him score tons of goals in his prime during the regular season and then mostly disappear in the playoffs.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
OK. They're not really similar at all and I certainly wouldn't use an extreme outlier like Hyman to predict other players' futures. Also I think Hyman had about 30 postseason games before EDM and nothing outside of round 1. Arvidsson has over 70.

But yeah, he might produce well in Edmonton, and he should definitely have a fantastic center to play with. I just wouldn't bet on him, I watched him score tons of goals in his prime during the regular season and then mostly disappear in the playoffs.
We’ve played against him in the playoffs. Kings entire excuse for losing in 2022 was that they didn’t have him. Last year he was over point per game vs is in the playoffs. Not worried about his production.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Could have something to do with his best play driver being Forsberg when he was in Nashville and no real #1 centre. When you have a McDavid or Draisaitl driving the play it becomes a lot easier to find open ice to score. It's not like Hyman had a resume better than Arvidsson's when he arrived. They're similar high motor players.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Unecessary risk for Edmonton. Arvi is excellent with an all out motor but his body is broken. He cant be relied on to stay healthy in the regular season and you'd be a fool to think he can survive a long playoff grind.

Edmonton should have spent 4mil to fix the defence/goaltending and found a cheaper way to get forward depth.

GoldenKnight

Jun 2, 2017
Las Vegas
It is crazy to me how much better Edmonton did this month than Toronto.

Mind boggling, really.

You know what’s ironic about that is… it’s true, yet Draisaitl is the highest ranked Oiler forward for PP TOI in the NHL last season… at 32.

1. MacKinnon 369:18
32. Draisaitl 274:36
Probably because EDM cuts their own PPs short by putting the puck in the net.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad