Draft R5 #159: Rangers select RD Vittorio "Victor" Mancini (Omaha, NCAA)

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
I've liked Mancini a lot but he isn't gonna last here this year IMO and that's fine. He's got so many great tools but his awareness and processing the game aren't really NHL level right now. He gets caught off guard on the rush very often but that can absolutely come with experience. Just think it might be better he gets 26 minutes a night in Hartford instead and let Jones play.

Reactions: noncents and Guyute

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I've liked Mancini a lot but he isn't gonna last here this year IMO and that's fine. He's got so many great tools but his awareness and processing the game aren't really NHL level right now. He gets caught off guard on the rush very often but that can absolutely come with experience. Just think it might be better he gets 26 minutes a night in Hartford instead and let Jones play.

I think he's pretty safe after they scratched Jones to keep him in the lineup. The Rangers have always allowed their young defenseman to play once they have shown they made the roster. Miller and Schneider come to mind, both made the team and have barely missed games since. Fox obviously, but that was no brainer. Even going back to McDonagh.

I agree that it's not the end of the world if he does get sent down, but I dont think he will. The alternatives arent better. If Lindgren can get his feet under him, that's a pretty reliable partner too.

ArPanet

May 3, 2012
That bank pass to Panarin and then Laf's silky crossbar keeps replaying in my head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad