Value of: Quinn hughes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
IF (when) the Canucks are changing things drastically, what would be the return on Quinn? Who would want him and what’s the offer?
this is stupid honestly...team struggling but let's trade our best D and top young player. just a dumb panic move that solves nothing at all. If Hughes is traded, Pettersson and Demko will be traded too amd they will just start from scratch.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
To buffalo: Hughes,Pettersson
To van: Dahlin
who say no?
Vancouver

Hughes and Pettersson for Dahlin who has been hot for 5 games only and hasnt proven much. Are you kidding me? Hughes and Pettersson combined can get a McDavid type player, top 5 NHL player not some player on a hot streak. I wouldnt even trade Pettersson for Dahlin one on one, get real.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Vancouver

Hughes and Pettersson for Dahlin who has been hot for 5 games only and hasnt proven much. Are you kidding me? Hughes and Pettersson combined can get a McDavid type player, top 5 NHL player not some player on a hot streak. I wouldnt even trade Pettersson for Dahlin one on one, get real.
Utterly ludicrous.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
who say no?
To Vancouver: Dahlin and Powers
To Buffalo: Hughes

Utterly ludicrous.
That shows you have zero idea of what players values are in NHL. Hughes and Pettersson are two young, high potential players. Only a dimwit would trade him for less than McDavid, meaning untouchable. Get with reality, you seem to be dreaming like the OP. JR is not that dumb to trade two franchise faces for a chicken nugget

deVolt

Jun 4, 2018
Göteborg
Utterly ludicrous.
Vancouver

Deluded

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Can we close this thread? it just seems pointless. Like creating a thread about how much Makar will return or McDavid. If JR trades both he would be fired on the spot before the deal went through

Who is deluded? The people who think a team will trade young franchise players after 6 games into the season? Yeah thats definitely deluded

Reactions: Cogburn

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Devils seems like an obvious choice but I have no interest in paying the asking price. The offer would be underwhelming but there’s really no reason for the Devils to even trade for him other than to unite the brothers (which can happen when his contract expires).

No to Nemec because he’s an RHD who plays a different style.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
who say no?

Van is a worse team for sure. Dahlin isn't exactly a stud defensively but is better than Hughes easily. However offensively where both shine there isn't much of a difference.

So is the upgrade from Hughes defensive game to Dahlin's justify the cost of Pettersson? I don't think it comes close.. Van passes

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Hughes is like Makar with non-existent defense. I don't think a lot of GMs will pay big price for him.
And you'd be wrong. Quinn Hughes would draw a mint if the Canucks for some reason stupidly wanted to trade him. But they do not, so I don't know what we're doing here. This is also just about the laziest setup for a discussion I've ever seen.

"If this team that has no reason to deal their bonafide 1D deals their 1D, what would be the return?" Normally, you want to start off the discussion, because this just seems like it will quickly drift to "YOU DON'T LIKE HUGHES AS MUCH AS I DO AND YOU'RE OFFERING GARBAGE?!" or "I wouldn't trade Quinn Hughes for Connor McDavid."

deVolt

Jun 4, 2018
Göteborg
Van is a worse team for sure. Dahlin isn't exactly a stud defensively but is better than Hughes easily. However offensively where both shine there isn't much of a difference.

So is the upgrade from Hughes defensive game to Dahlin's justify the cost of Pettersson? I don't think it comes close.. Van passes
Buffalo can throw in a 2nd to make it fair.😁

Reactions: Alienblood

MrSparkle

Jan 27, 2022
Vancouver
this is stupid honestly...team struggling but let's trade our best D and top young player. just a dumb panic move that solves nothing at all. If Hughes is traded, Pettersson and Demko will be traded too amd they will just start from scratch.
You’re right. Don’t even listen to offers. No good young player has ever been traded before.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
No it will be to highest bidder. Canucks arent a farm team for the Devils.
He's not saying that they are. He's echoing the weird fascination that so many here of having brothers play together because the Sedins did it once and it was awesome. The Devils jump to everyone's mind because "wouldn't it be cool to see Jack and Quinn play together?"

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Vancouver

Lol they most certainly can not get mcdavid like player. What an inflated sense you have on your players.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
He's not saying that they are. He's echoing the weird fascination that so many here of having brothers play together because the Sedins did it once and it was awesome. The Devils jump to everyone's mind because "wouldn't it be cool to see Jack and Quinn play together?"
I mean they also have Luke so the connection will always be there because they have two out of three brothers. And that ain’t bad.

Reactions: MikeK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad