Post-Game Talk: Qualifying Round Game 1: Caps vs Bolts | Mon, 8/3 | 4p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Do you really think TR tapped Oshie on the shoulder and told him to fight?
No, that's not how it works. I think the bench clearly was talking about how they needed a spark, an engaged coach would then tap someone like Hathaway and tell him to make it happen. When you're passive it allows for guys you don't want to step up like that. I don't fault Oshie, that's why he is the player he is. I fault Reirden for not having his pulse on the bench. Also, it's not unheard of for a coach to tell a player to not do that shit again. Listen to interviews with former enforcers and they talk all the time about how hot under the collar coaches would get if top talent would fight.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
come on....that’s on Oshie wanting that himself. Ideal no.

Why 21 isn’t doing that, who knows?
I don't fault Oshie, as you mentioned, that fire is why he's so likable. I fault TR for not instilling the roles in his players more. I well regulated team has guys knowing exactly what their job is and you see less of that type of stuff.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
HFBoards Doom & Gloom right before a Caps comeback.

Hockey really is back

Its like we have forgotten that hockey games have:=
  1. Periods of sloppy play
  2. Periods of disinterested play
  3. Greasy goals by skilled players
  4. Fights by players who can also score
  5. Changes in momentum
Demands to fire the coach after items 1-4.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I’m not going to praise Oshie for fighting but I am going to praise him to be smart enough to at least make it a crappy fight with no real damage done

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don't fault Oshie, as you mentioned, that fire is why he's so likable. I fault TR for not instilling the roles in his players more. I well regulated team has guys knowing exactly what their job is and you see less of that type of stuff.

True, but often a star player getting dirty sparks a team like no other. I don’t want it often, but it’s what I love about Oshie, the willingness to do anything for the team.

Reactions: Corby78

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Why Oshie though? A top 6 player with a history of injury's and is second on our team in scoring? Why allow a player like that to "get some momentum" when you have guys in the bottom 6 who literally have fighting as a part of their arsenal.

Because that is Oshie. Remember the air going out of them when Oshie was injured last season. Schenn crosschecked Kuzy in the knee and Oshie was the guy that fought him. Fighting is part of Oshie's arsenal. You know that.

BTW....Wilson is top 6 too

Reactions: Futures Passed

artilector

Jan 11, 2006

Come on, mountain out of a mole hill. I think if anything, Oshie was trying to get himself going.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
PP is Windows 95 slow with Kempny running the point. I never thought it would be so noticeable without Carlson QBing it.

Glad we got a goal, hopefully it relaxes the PP a bit. I think they're just trying to force it, they're gripping their sticks too tight and have basically no creativity, it's just "set up the Ovi thing". As much as Kuzy makes me bang my head against the wall, when you let him possess the puck a bit on PP and get stupid he can really pull the defense out.

Reactions: max21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad