Forsling - Karlsson

Ullmark
Markström
Gustavsson
Extra FW Leo Carlsson.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Watched the highlights from that game again. Jesus christ the defensive coaching under popovic made all stars look like under 18 players no structure at all. Lundquist at 37 should’ve never been the starter. There’s also a direct correlation between Loui Erikssons ice time and Swedens performance. Dear god so many bad coaching decisions..

Translation?
Grönborg was never really a tactically good coach I think. The reason for his success was that he managed to create an atmospheare so that the NHLers wanted to come. And then we sort of managed to win despite him, not because of him.

Yup. No team over there can even come close to this Sweden club. That’s pretty close to their best possible team.
On the D, sure. Hedman, Karlsson, Dahlin and Brodin are all prime candidates for the best-on-best team. But on the forward side not so much. Eriksson Ek, Raymond and Kempe maybe. But Kempes performance in this tournament has lowered his chances rather than strengthened them.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Grönborg was never really a tactically good coach I think. The reason for his success was that he managed to create an atmospheare so that the NHLers wanted to come. And then we sort of managed to win despite him, not because of him.

On the D, sure. Hedman, Karlsson, Dahlin and Brodin are all prime candidates for the best-on-best team. But on the forward side not so much. Eriksson Ek, Raymond and Kempe maybe. But Kempes performance in this tournament has lowered his chances rather than strengthened them.
yeah grönborg was our worst coach ever with garpenlöv. and still they are many who wanted grönborg to stay. next Nt coach should be Rönnberg but its probaly gonna be Hävelid.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
yeah grönborg was our worst coach ever with garpenlöv. and still they are many who wanted grönborg to stay. next Nt coach should be Rönnberg but its probaly gonna be Hävelid.
I would put Grönborg into the same category as Bengt-Åke Gustafsson and the like. Garpenlöv was in way over his head and should've never been appointed coach. It is no surprise Djurgårdens season turned around as soon as they fired him an took in a proper coach instead of "learn on the job" intern.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Sorry Finland, we love you like brothers but this time it is our turn to shine. You had your days of glory, now we want to kiss the sweet ladies on our celebration tour through Ärans och Hjältarnas land!

BTW, isn't it hard to put on the skates on those weird feets?

1716486597659.png

juppy611

May 10, 2024
It sucks that two great games are on at the same time. My remote will get a workout flicking back and forth between this game and CZE and US. Sweden has the edge on skill level in this one but if Finland can dig deep and play hard like they have in the past they can give the Swedes a run for the money. May not be enough though.

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
This one is for Sweden, Switzerland break the quarter curse we face since the final against them in 2018, we have unfinished business :sarcasm:

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019
It sucks that two great games are on at the same time. My remote will get a workout flicking back and forth between this game and CZE and US. Sweden has the edge on skill level in this one but if Finland can dig deep and play hard like they have in the past they can give the Swedes a run for the money. May not be enough though.
Lmao stop dreaming. Finland is minced meat. We will humiliate Finland.

juppy611

May 10, 2024
Lmao stop dreaming. Finland is minced meat. We will humiliate Finland.
Ok, maybe. I’m neutral anyway so I don’t care. However, when I read stuff like this with the cockiness I definitely want the other team to win so Go Finland. 🤣

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad