HF Habs: PWHL: Victoire de Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
I had been reading about record attendance but the whole side of the arena looks empty. That's unfortunate. I'm guessing the big attendance numbers are coming in Canada?
Minnesota has the attendance record for a professional women's game when they played Montreal with over 13K. They have around 5-6k tonight but playing in an NHL arena instead of smaller arena makes the crowd look smaller. New York is probably the least hockey hot bed they are located in but leagues believe you need York to have credibility for their league. Toronto has sold out all of their games but their arena holds less than 3k and will probably play in a different place next year.

Reactions: Natey

Jul 6, 2016
I had been reading about record attendance but the whole side of the arena looks empty. That's unfortunate. I'm guessing the big attendance numbers are coming in Canada?
... And Minnesota.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

I love this :laugh:

Ottawa sold out and added standing seats for their opener which was a record breaking crowd for a professional female hockey game.
Then Minnesota broke the record again after Ottawa did it for their home opener a few days later, but they share the Wild NHL arena which makes it easier.
Toronto play sold out, but it's the smallest arena.

It's been harder for New York and Boston. NY played their only game in New York for January last night, they play their other home games in Connecticut this month. It's similar for Boston, their "home arena" is at UMass in Lowell ~ 50 minutes from Boston.

Montréal haven't played home yet, but I think their opener is sold out. Their home arena isn't large enough to come close to the record thought. They also play 2 games at La Place Bell this month (Rocket's arena), seat capacity under the record achieved by Minnesota.

From the games I've seen (only watching Montréal matches), Ottawa and Minnesota were already popular with great fans. NY would probably have a larger crowd if all their games were in New York, the UBS was really into it by the 3rd period until the very end of the game.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Minnesota has the record.

Ottawa broke a record for the biggest attendance for a women's pro hockey game with over 8K. A few days later, Minnesota broke it with over 13K. Minny's home arena is the same one the Wild play in.

New York could break that record as they play some of their games in the same arena the Isles play in. So they have the capacity to hold more than 13K. Minnesota could end up breaking their own record also.

Among the Canadian teams, Ottawa has the biggest arena (the same one the Ottawa 67s play in). Toronto's max attendance is around 2,600 and Montreal's arena has a little over 4,000 seats. They will play some games at Place Bell, which maxes out at a little over 10K.

So at Place Bell, Montreal has the opportunity to set a new record for a Canadian team attendance.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
... And Minnesota.
No need to get defensive.

Minnesota has the record.

Ottawa broke a record for the biggest attendance for a women's pro hockey game with over 8K. A few days later, Minnesota broke it with over 13K. Minny's home arena is the same one the Wild play in.

New York could break that record as they play some of their games in the same arena the Isles play in. So they have the capacity to hold more than 13K. Minnesota could end up breaking their own record also.

Among the Canadian teams, Ottawa has the biggest arena (the same one the Ottawa 67s play in). Toronto's max attendance is around 2,600 and Montreal's arena has a little over 4,000 seats. They will play some games at Place Bell, which maxes out at a little over 10K.

So at Place Bell, Montreal has the opportunity to set a new record for a Canadian team attendance.
Hope it keeps up. I've only watched one game, really enjoyed it.

(the PK rule is one of the worst rules in pro sports, which turned me off).

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Hope it keeps up. I've only watched one game, really enjoyed it.

(the PK rule is one of the worst rules in pro sports, which turned me off).

Yea it's good hockey. I've watched most games and it's entertaining.

The key is that they sustain the interest. Obviously not every game will draw big crowds. But the hope is it doesn't just drop and it stays dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad