HF Habs: PWHL: Victoire de Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
For those that don't know Bridgeport is in Connecticut and is over and hour away from NYC. They are going to play some games at the UBS arena so they may get better attendance when they actually play in New York.
Why is the NY team playing in Connecticut?

The Connecticut hockey fans might have no interest in watching a team with a none local branding.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Why is the NY team playing in Connecticut?

The Connecticut hockey fans might have no interest in watching a team with a none local branding.
They only had a few months to start this league from scratch and one main issue was getting arena availability in each city. It seems this was the best option they could get for this season but they will probably have a more ideal situation next season.

Also Boston aren't playing in Boston this year they are playing in Lowell. I could see them moving to a different arena next year closer to the city and make it easier for commuters.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
There will also be games played in neutral sites. Some in other NHL cities and some in non-NHL cities.

That is surely to gauge interest from other cities for potential expansion down the road.

Those cities and venues are yet to be determined. The PWHL lists those games as TBD.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
There will also be games played in neutral sites. Some in other NHL cities and some in non-NHL cities.

That is surely to gauge interest from other cities for potential expansion down the road.

Those cities and venues are yet to be determined. The PWHL lists those games as TBD.
Kasten has confirmed a couple of those games will be in NHL arenas.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Man, I must not forget this is an afternoon game. :popcorn:
This is in local time somehow at least I tuned i early and not late :)

It’s awesome getting to know each rival for the first time; unless I’m mistaken mtl has the best goalie in the league so bring them on!!!

Hoping for another fun hockey day, including the boys later although it’s already pretty meaningless on that end.

Reactions: morhilane

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
This is in local time somehow at least I tuned i early and not late :)

It’s awesome getting to know each rival for the first time; unless I’m mistaken mtl has the best goalie in the league so bring them on!!!

Hoping for another fun hockey day, including the boys later although it’s already pretty meaningless on that end.
MTL is always a goalie team. :laugh:

But Poulin is a machine at forward too.

Reactions: Naslundforever

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Minnesota crowd showed up for their team like Ottawa.

edit: I didn't realize Montréal had "Air Canada" on their jersey too.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
They will start sooner when they stop doing the ceremony puck drop, New York did one tonight because they are playing at UBS
Yeah, and I forgot the anthems singing and she did like the full thing (the French part was pretty good). :laugh:

But Montréal next game is their home opener so another 10-15 minutes before puck drop.

Reactions: red devil

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Poulin dangling around everyone in the ozone and then reverse hitting a NY player. Jesus.

Poulin also took the most faceoff of everyone in the league so far.

And NY scored. Booooo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad