HF Habs: PWHL: Victoire de Montreal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
If they can play their whole games the way they played in the 3rd, they should be fine.

It's Montréal... ;)

I think it might be the team with the most rookies (i.e. never played professionally before). Sauvageau wanted a team that could grow over time. Something like 4 of the dwmen are tryouts too.

Reactions: SupRocket

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Minnesota beat Boston 3-2. I only caught the 3rd period because I got home from work late.

The period I watched delivered. 3 games into the season, all have been fun. Minny was up 3-1. Boston went on the PP with a few minutes left and they pull the goalie to make it a 6-on-4 and they score to make it 3-2.

They pull their goalie again for the extra attacker and came close to tying it. But Minny held on.

Minnesota is the only team to have played 2 games. They won both and scored 7 goals and conceded 2.

They are Montreal's next opponent.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Forget what I said about Minny playing 2 games and scoring 7 goals. I forgot that it was New York that played Toronto on Monday.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
can anybody explain to me the teem colors. " montreal" yuk.
why on EARTH the Habs are NOT helping. by allowing at least hab colors and a mtl own logo like the rocket does. This is Montreal, everyone on the planet knows hab colors, it's one of the MOST known jerseys of the WORLD. WHAT! the girls dont deserve this!!!!!!!

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
why on EARTH the Habs are NOT helping. by allowing at least hab colors and a mtl own logo like the rocket does. This is Montreal, everyone on the planet knows hab colors, it's one of the MOST known jerseys of the WORLD. WHAT! the girls dont deserve this!!!!!!!
I like the vintage outfit myself, and maybe they “deserve” their own branding ? The teams don’t have names yet btw.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
The league haven't decided on team names or logos yet. The Habs have nothing to do with this.

Reactions: 1909

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Absolutely love the vintage look of Montreal's color scheme. Only 6 teams in the league, but Montreal finds a way to be unique by being the only team to have the off-white color. It's a nice homage to the Montreal Maroons to have their jerseys be that color.

Also, the Canadiens don't own this team the way they own the Rocket. Laval is the Habs' affiliate. PWHL Montreal is not owned by Molson or Groupe CH like the Habs and the Rocket. But they will offer to help where they can. Already, Montreal will have some games at Place Bell this year.

My personal choice was for this team the revive the name Les Canadiennes like they had in the CWHL. But it's clear they won't. And that's fine. They do deserve to have their own identity.

Finally, what do you mean the girls don't deseve this? You mean a professional league where they get paid to only play hockey, be properly treated and get the kinds of advantages they never had before in previous leagues? To have their games on national TV and draw the kinds of crowds they have so far 3 games into the season?

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Absolutely love the vintage look of Montreal's color scheme. Only 6 teams in the league, but Montreal finds a way to be unique by being the only team to have the off-white color. It's a nice homage to the Montreal Maroons to have their jerseys be that color.

Also, the Canadiens don't own this team the way they own the Rocket. Laval is the Habs' affiliate. PWHL Montreal is not owned by Molson or Groupe CH like the Habs and the Rocket. But they will offer to help where they can. Already, Montreal will have some games at Place Bell this year.

My personal choice was for this team the revive the name Les Canadiennes like they had in the CWHL. But it's clear they won't. And that's fine. They do deserve to have their own identity.

Finally, what do you mean the girls don't deseve this? You mean a professional league where they get paid to only play hockey, be properly treated and get the kinds of advantages they never had before in previous leagues? To have their games on national TV and draw the kinds of crowds they have so far 3 games into the season?
Fans might not buy a jersey that looks like the Habs jersey. They’d just wear the latter to the games.

A distinctive look can drive a brand. The more different, the better.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Those are great ratings for the debut of the league. I was one of the 150K who watched PWHL Montreal over Habs/Stars.

The attendances have been real good, too.

Toronto vs. New York: 2,537 fans in attendance. Their arena holds 2,539.
Ottawa vs. Montreal: 8,318 fans in attendance. Their arena holds 8,500.
Boston vs. Minnesota: 4,012 fans in attendance. Their arena holds 6,500.

So in 3 games, there was a total of 14,867 fans that attended out of a possible 17,539 in capacity. 85% of the arenas were full in total.

Reactions: SupRocket

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Those are great ratings for the debut of the league. I was one of the 150K who watched PWHL Montreal over Habs/Stars.

The attendances have been real good, too.

Toronto vs. New York: 2,537 fans in attendance. Their arena holds 2,539.
Ottawa vs. Montreal: 8,318 fans in attendance. Their arena holds 8,500.
Boston vs. Minnesota: 4,012 fans in attendance. Their arena holds 6,500.

So in 3 games, there was a total of 14,867 fans that attended out of a possible 17,539 in capacity. 85% of the arenas were full in total.
Ottawa had to add "standing seats" tickets so it was kinda over capacity.
I am disappointed in Boston.

The big game will be Minnesota opener vs Montréal this Saturday. They already sold 8,300 tickets and are opening more seats and the suits of the Xcel Energy center (the Wild arena).

Montréal gets their opener last (Jan 13th), it's already sold out, but Verdun auditorium is only 4 114 capacity (for hockey). Their Jan 16th game against New York is at la Place Bell thought.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Toronto just scored scored a shorthanded goal and thus their penalty is over. First chance we get to see that rule in practice.

They're up 3-2 on New York with 12 minutes left in the game.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This is also the least attended game so far.

It's New York's home opener and it's at the Bridgeport Islanders' arena. It's a 8,300 seat arena. But there are 2,152 in attendance.

However, tomorrow's game between Montreal and Minnesota will be another record attendance as they're expecting at least 10K..

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
This is also the least attended game so far.

It's New York's home opener and it's at the Bridgeport Islanders' arena. It's a 8,300 seat arena. But there are 2,152 in attendance.

However, tomorrow's game between Montreal and Minnesota will be another record attendance as they're expecting at least 10K..
For those that don't know Bridgeport is in Connecticut and is over and hour away from NYC. They are going to play some games at the UBS arena so they may get better attendance when they actually play in New York.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad