GDT: Pull Your Finger Out - @ 19.00 EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Where did Andy get the notion that Sid said/thinks Sullivan's system is stale? Or is that Yohe's interpretation based on him being a master at reading body language and seeing Crosby looking frustrated on the bench?
Lol…I don’t have access but here’s what a poster I follow on another site had to say about the article….

“Josh Yohe wrote a piece today about the Penguins struggles and negativity and poor play, and I think he used a really good word to describe the team...STALE. They've switched out some players, but some of the players still here in combination with Sullivan's system have become STALE.”

that’s where I got it from…lol

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Lol…I don’t have access but here’s what a poster I follow on another site had to say about the article….

“Josh Yohe wrote a piece today about the Penguins struggles and negativity and poor play, and I think he used a really good word to describe the team...STALE. They've switched out some players, but some of the players still here in combination with Sullivan's system have become STALE.”

I think they are getting "stale" because they keep trying to be a team they aren't.

If they returned to structured, defensive play and capitalized on the counter, they'd be winning a hell of a lot more and looking much better while doing it.

But instead, you have what we have and there's no commitment from anyone to do anything.

Reactions: Andy99

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Gotcha.

Didn't seem like a Yohe thing to do to actually dare call Sullivan's system stale or infer the players think it's stale.

Reactions: Andy99

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I didn’t realize until today that Bob Grove played 4 seasons for the Pens and registered 74 goals and 112 assists. Not bad!

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Gotcha.

Didn't seem like a Yohe thing to do to actually dare call Sullivan's system stale or infer the players think it's stale.

yeah most likely…but I actually do think his system is stale here lol, every team knows how to defend his breakouts, his preference to kick out pucks to the points and his zone defensive system…I mean, change things up already for goodness sake lol…

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Gotcha.

Opposite actually

Once upon a time, the Penguins felt especially stale entering the postseason and then lost in five games against the Rangers in the first round. It was 2015. You know, the Mike Johnston era. The Penguins’ record in the final 20 games of that regular season was 7-10-3.

The Penguins have seven games remaining in the regular season, beginning with Thursday’s rematch at home against the Islanders. Through 13 of 20 chapters in their final 20 games of the regular season, the Penguins are 5-6-2, a pace reminiscent of 2015. These Penguins have a similar look, too. They look a step slow. Sluggish. They feel a little stale.

They also have some important things those Penguins in 2015 didn’t have, starting with Sullivan.”

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
f*** I hate playing this team. No other team in the league can put their 3 forwards on our 5 skaters when we have possession in our zone and come away with the puck so easily.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I didn’t see much from Rackell and Geno.
They played with Carter. Barely a game with Zucker before he got hurt/Malkin got suspended. It looked good with Rust there for the one game they had. I'm gonna laugh if we get Guentzel and Rakell on L1 and Zucker and Rust on L2 when all said and done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad