Proposal: Puljujärvi for Trouba

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Puljujärvi for Trouba 1 for 1.

I am excited to see Puljujärvi play however addinf Trouba fixes Oilers D for the next 8 years.

That makes the Oilers defense pretty damned good on paper...

Klefbom-Trouba
Sekera-Larsson
Nurse-Davidson

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Why would the Jets want to reunite what was probaby the most dominating pair in WJC history? Are you serious?

Jets need to add here, age and salary factor.

Expecting Jets fans to demand McDavid for Trouba...that's been the way these threads tend to go. Pretty sure Trouba invented the position and he's the best defenseman of all time.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Because Puljujärvi and Laine are amazing together and complement each others game!

I actually sort of disagree, I don't think they fit as well together as people want to believe.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Expecting Jets fans to demand McDavid for Trouba...that's been the way these threads tend to go. Pretty sure Trouba invented the position and he's the best defenseman of all time.

Or... we just need Trouba more than Pulju. Could that be the case?

copernicanrevolution

Apr 30, 2009
Atlanta
I'm sure the Jets would love to have Puljujärvi but this leaves them with a ridiculously strong forward core and a very very weak left side defense. Doesn't make sense unless they have another good solution for LD lined up (they don't).

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
It would likely cost the Oilers Draisaitl to get Trouba. The absolute last thing they need is another winger.

4 team 3 Way:
(Rangers) McD + for Trouba + (Jets)

(Rangers) Trouba for Reinhart (Sabres)

(Sabres) Ristolainen for Draisatil + (Oilers)

------------------
NYR then flips
Stepan + three 3rds to Canes for Pesce, Murphy, and three 2nds

----------
additional deals to move Staal's NMC

consolidate vets into youth, picks

--------
Jets get needed LD, older, but sweetheart deal 3 years w/chance to extend

Sabes get replacement 1RD, supposedly he is tight with Eichel?

Risto = Draisatil, great for C, but could also power W

Canes get a top 20 C.

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
I'm going to eat my own words. Go against the grain of some of my other Jets fan posters and say yes. I would trade Trouba for Pulj. I would then try to bundle a couple forwards and a pick for a L defenseman. I was always high on Pulj and Laine, to have both on the team gets me giddy with excitement.

Stafford, Burmi,Lowry, Armia,Dano,Petan, could all be trade bait for a team that had a glut of defensemen but missing some young mid forwards.
Two of the players mentioned above and a second round pick for a possible 2nd pairing L defenseman ?

I am in the minority for jumping on this trade, but I think we have enough prospects and rookies to make another trade for a defenseman with a willing partner somewhere out there ?

Last edited:

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
Dear Entire HF Community:

This is Public Service Announcement

Although the entire Jets fan base has enjoyed and laughed at the 2000+ trade proposals for Trouba during the off-season we are in fact growing tired. Unfortunately like all good things these proposal threads need to come to an end. As such we would like to officially, state the following non-requirements of the organization should in the future any HF's decide to send out a mindless trade proposal for Trouba;

WE DO NOT NEED or WANT any of the following;

1. prospects
2. forwards unless they are Crosby, Stamkos, Ovechkin etc etc. you get the drift
3. Spare parts in any quantity (Quality over quantity)
4. Any trades involving Toronto (or proposals henceforth)

Feel free to flame away and argue that Trouba won't sign is over valued etc etc (I've read it all and then some over and over). Unless you have a credible source and link any talk that he won't sign here is ENTIRELY based on speculation considering no comments have come from either negotiating side. The Answer to any proposal not involving a D man of value is fruitless and quite frankly the joke is over now.

Signed

EVERY JETS FAN

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I'm going to eat my own words. Go against the grain of some of my other Jets fan posters and say yes. I would trade Trouba for Pulj. I would then try to bundle a couple forwards and a pick for a L defenseman. I was always high on Pulj and Laine, to have both on the team gets me giddy with excitement.

Stafford, Burmi,Lowry, Armia,Dano, could all be trade bait for a team that had a glut of defensemen but missing some young mid forwards.
Two of the players mentioned above and a second round pick for a possible 2nd pairing L defenseman ?

IF (big if there) there is an issue getting Trouba signed, I think this is appropriate value as well. All things being equal I'd probably rather get an equivalent prospect to JP that's a D or C, but that might be difficult as he is pretty high end, and teams just don't move D and C (which is why it's difficult to move Trouba).

However, it necessitates a second deal from the Jets as you indicate, for another young D. Whether that's with Anaheim, Carolina, Minnesota, etc, whatever. But the first deal couldn't happen without the second IMO.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The Oilers give up the better asset long term, but adding a solid #4 guy would be tempting for a team desperate to prove they aren't a joke anymore.

Jets easily say yes, especially since they don't seem to have much interest in paying Trouba

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
The Oilers give up the better asset long term, but adding a solid #4 guy would be tempting for a team desperate to prove they aren't a joke anymore.

Jets easily say yes, especially since they don't seem to have much interest in paying Trouba

please provide your source for this statement.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I would absolutely trade Trouba fof Pulju, if I had a deal in place for A or multiple forwards going out for another defenseman.

Pulju is great, but why are we going to be the Oilers of 3+ years ago?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Because Puljujärvi and Laine are amazing together and complement each others game!

We have plenty of candidates to be amazing with Laine and complement each others games.

The only way this makes sense for the Jets is if we immediately flip Pulju to CBJ for Werenski. :naughty: Make that 3 way work and I buy it.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
please provide your source for this statement.

Trouba's contract demand has been leaked for a while and still no signing. Seems as if the two sides are pretty far apart

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...jacob-trouba-free-agents-asking-term-million/

Especially since Jets management seemed to prefer to invest big dollars in a vet like Buff, they may not want to lock so much cap into another player when they'll need more cap space sooner rather than later for their other RFAs.

When there's smoke there's usually fire after all

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

No. You are talking to Jets fans here, not Anaheim. We value Trouba very highly though. Proven 22 YO NHL D men tend to be worth more than unproven wing prospects. No prospect is a guaranteed hit.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Trouba's contract demand has been leaked for a while and still no signing. Seems as if the two sides are pretty far apart

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...jacob-trouba-free-agents-asking-term-million/

Especially since Jets management seemed to prefer to invest big dollars in a vet like Buff, they may not want to lock so much cap into another player when they'll need more cap space sooner rather than later for their other RFAs.

That "source" has been disproven, it's total bull. Compare Byfuglien's "ask" to what he signed for.

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island

Damn Campbell from the Winnipeg Free Press. That article started this whole mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad