Confirmed with Link: PTO Antoine Roussel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You truly do not believe this !!
It's a PTO. A camp body. The season is a month away.

You get dings and minor injuries in camp, especially toward the end when they send most of the AHL guys down to prepare for the AHL season. Farabee won't hit the ice until October. How much are you going to play JVR?

And in exhibition games, you often come across a Yahoo who wants to impress his coach by starting something, so having a guy like Roussel around is insurance.

Columbus Hockey Dad

Oct 30, 2018

You get dings and minor injuries in camp, especially toward the end when they send most of the AHL guys down to prepare for the AHL season. Farabee won't hit the ice until October. How much are you going to play JVR?

And in exhibition games, you often come across a Yahoo who wants to impress his coach by starting something, so having a guy like Roussel around is insurance.
LOL...he's as good as signed.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013

Roussel usually is the one who starts something.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
None of the rookie camp guys will be signed b/c I didn't see anything that said "sign this guy."
Roussel is unlikely to be signed.

Stewart was unlikely to be signed. Then he was. Then he was unlikely to play. Then he did, and far too much to boot.

Fletcher is looking for ways to avoid playing youth. Don't be surprised if he thinks Deslauriers should be 3LW and hopes Roussel could be 4LW.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell

Play some kid instead of signing this utter slop. If it means keeping him from AHL Camp because he could fill in for Farabee when the NHL season starts. Sending a kid down and signing this trash is not going to help the Flyers now or later. We've already seen with Stewart that this guy has a good chance of being kept around ....

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
If an Antoine Roussel PTO is the difference between guys having high compete level in camp/earning roster spots versus not, we are doomed before we've even begun.
Roussel adds another guy with a very hard competitive game. The Flyers will want to see how the guys battling for roster spots respond to him. He's going to make them uncomfortable. And that's only going to help the evaluation process.

Reactions: 04hockey

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Ten or so years ago I would have been psyched on this. It's just a PTO so hopefully it goes nowhere, but at the same time I hope they sign him and commit to tanking.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, I'd rather have Roussel from 3 years ago than Deslauriers, when Roussel could actually score.

There's nothing that says you can't have 4th line players who are physical on the forecheck and can actually take advantage of the turnovers they create and pop a few in the back of the net.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Well, I'd rather have Roussel from 3 years ago than Deslauriers, when Roussel could actually score.

There's nothing that says you can't have 4th line players who are physical on the forecheck and can actually take advantage of the turnovers they create and pop a few in the back of the net.
What if I told you you could have Roussell from now years ago AND Deslauriers?

The Flyers would never know that there's no rule against that.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Roussel adds another guy with a very hard competitive game. The Flyers will want to see how the guys battling for roster spots respond to him. He's going to make them uncomfortable. And that's only going to help the evaluation process.

Nothing about his game is hard or competitive. He sucks.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This will be exactly the kind of team that we hated to play for years.

Low talent try hards, trying to make it a Neanderthal battle, taking cheap shots or trying to start nonsense when they are obviously demolished in overall talent.

Something to celebrate. Harder to play against :laugh:

Remind me, how many of those teams were relevant?

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad