Confirmed with Link: PTO Antoine Roussel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
Used to be an effective player. He's coming off a 4 yrs/ $3M per deal.

But OH NOES! A PHYSICAL PLAYER ON A TRYOUT!

It's not about giving a shitty player a PTO. It's about this:

It’s wild that you can get a player of this caliber on a PTO instead of signing them one on the first day of free agency to a four year deal.

Read it and weep. Fletcher is garbage.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
It's not about giving a shitty player a PTO. It's about this:

Read it and weep. Fletcher is garbage.
It’s also about this:
I can’t wait to be contrariansplained about how this move doesn’t matter and it’s not a big deal.

Nothing like having to explain that we understand that this one single move isn’t breaking the franchise but the collection of them all will only for it to be completely ignored.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I would like to make it clear that I'm not whining or complaining in any way. I'm wallowing via shitposting. I take my joy where it comes.

More slop, please. Put Chris Stewart back on the ice. I'll take whatever you've got.

Yep. Anyone still taking this team seriously is seriously f***ed in the head. Embrace the hilarity.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Roussel will add to the intensity of the camp. You know he's going to be battling his ass off trying to earn a spot. Everyone's going to have to be on high compete to win their roster spots.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Roussel was a good player until the last two years, had a few years when he was a decent 3rd line guy, mostly a solid 4th line guy.
Fell off the last two seasons, probably due to age but also dings.

He was also a PK guy for the Cotes.

Not a big deal, he's not going to beat out Deslauriers at LW, he's probably not fast enough anymore to play center,
Probably just a chance to watch him and see if he'd have any value for the Phantoms. And to take notes if they get hit by a string of injuries and need a body off the street.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Couts has so many god awful sound bites. Even knowing he’s a a “good soldier,” he seems to go a little bit extra with these takes at times.

"I like the way our team's built," Flyers forward Sean Couturier told NBC Sports Philadelphia last week. "If you look at our division, it's a pretty tough division. We brought in some toughness. I don't think there's going to be any more teams bullying us around like we've been in the past couple of years at times.”

Like on the scoreboard, right Sean?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I would like to make it clear that I'm not whining or complaining in any way. I'm wallowing via shitposting. I take my joy where it comes.

More slop, please. Put Chris Stewart back on the ice. I'll take whatever you've got.
6tx5me.jpg

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Roussel will add to the intensity of the camp. You know he's going to be battling his ass off trying to earn a spot. Everyone's going to have to be on high compete to win their roster spots.

If an Antoine Roussel PTO is the difference between guys having high compete level in camp/earning roster spots versus not, we are doomed before we've even begun.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
This is one of the most telling moves of this org. It is so damning; I am a little shocked the posters were already on here.

Did they tweet it? Were the comments disabled?

Has any intentionally tanking team ever done a better job at creating a horrible roster than Fletcher has while desperately trying to compete?

At least the pens brought in old school talent like LeClaire and Recchi. If not for spending on Risto and TD, I would have to say they are tanking on the down low. This is literally their attempt to rebuild.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Couts has so many god awful sound bites. Even knowing he’s a a “good soldier,” he seems to go a little bit extra with these takes at times.

"I like the way our team's built," Flyers forward Sean Couturier told NBC Sports Philadelphia last week. "If you look at our division, it's a pretty tough division. We brought in some toughness. I don't think there's going to be any more teams bullying us around like we've been in the past couple of years at times.”

Like on the scoreboard, right Sean?
Maybe it's Couturier who's behind it all. Giving Fletcher ideas of what this team lacks and needs. We all know Fletcher doesn't have a real plan.

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

Columbus Hockey Dad

Oct 30, 2018
I can’t wait to be contrariansplained about how this move doesn’t matter and it’s not a big deal.

Nothing like having to explain that we understand that this one single move isn’t breaking the franchise but the collection of them all will only for it to be completely ignored.
I mean, the team is going to be complete and utter shit this year. So, in that context, it really doesn't matter. Hopefully it's part of a collection of moves that eventually results in the removal of all the top Flyers execs, but I doubt it.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I mean, the team is going to be complete and utter shit this year. So, in that context, it really doesn't matter. Hopefully it's part of a collection of moves that eventually results in the removal of all the top Flyers execs, but I doubt it.
The team is utter shit in large part BECAUSE of these types of moves and focus on archaic roles when building a roster.

dinner-rolls-in-pan.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad