Post-Game Talk: PS3 7:08 PM - Flyers 4 BRUINS 3 F/SO

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Surprisingly feisty pre-season game. Stupid good save on Heinen and an almost goal on the slick Poitras backhand shot. Not sure what is penalty shot worthy any more, but the call on Merkulov was not worthy of that call. Main takeaway is that Lohrei and Poitras showed that they can hang with a tougher level of competition than what they'd seen up until this point. Side takeaway is that the C on Marchy's chest isn't going to tame him one bit. Dude wasn't taking crap off anyone tonight.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
We are all fans and this is the first time in 2 decades that there is real turnover and the next generation has arrived.
I was comparing this to 1972 IIRC when the Bruins lost several players to the WHA, and expansion. Back then though, they had some really good talent coming in (not that they don't now) but it was obviously different.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Pretty fearless.
I think it's the third or fourth time I've seen Lori do that spin around move to get away from his man.

He's the most NHL ready of the prospects and therefore he'll get the opportunity first. As noted, I see Paw back in the ohl. Which, to me is a good thing. I think Beecher makes it.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Was looking at some game stats and didn't even realize that Harrison & Brunet had played tonight. Poitras had a rough night in the dot going 5-11

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Ya, it hasn't been great at all. Bigger crew this year , I don't so much need them to be banging everything in sight . I need them to a least be able to take a hit.
I need them to bang a hell of a lot more. If you go back again just go look at Looch and his hits. He f****** hit everything. In one game. And we had about six seven eight nine other guys who would bang too or be physical, or even drop the gloves I seen nothing like that here and I'm just f****** sick of it f****** f****** sick of it.

Sorry.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I need them to bang a hell of a lot more. If you go back again just go look at Looch and his hits. He f****** hit everything. In one game. And we had about six seven eight nine other guys who would bang too or be physical, or even drop the gloves I seen nothing like that here and I'm just f****** sick of it f****** f****** sick of it.

Sorry.
Tell us what your thinking :sarcasm:

Reactions: GordonHowe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad