Post-Game Talk: PS1 - BRUINS 3 NYR 0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1695601031911.png

1695601069660.png

1695600868275.png

Froggy_Free_Beer-777.jpg

ShiftyNifty16

Blow it up, burn it down, hit reset and start over
Apr 11, 2014
Earth
What point did Greer make? That he'll drop the gloves even those he's going to get his head caved in? He did it last year, so it not like Monty doesn't know he's willing to do it.

Harpur has been a career fringe NHLer whose not even expected to be on the roster unless the Rangers have massive injuries.
The point he made is that he gave a guy a shot to stand out and maybe get a spot somewhere. Greer, has been there.

Reactions: Gordoff

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
But, again what is his win-loss record relative to fights? I'm not looking for him to fight, but if he loses and loses like that, he is not an asset. No one's going to be afraid of AJ Greer.

If you have a counter argument, I would love to hear it.
There shouldn't have been a fight but Harpur couldn't handle getting dumped by a smaller player so he decided to be a spot picker with little time left in the game. I want Greer making those hits every shift he plays. Ideally he walks away and lets the loser take a penalty,

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
But, again what is his win-loss record relative to fights? I'm not looking for him to fight, but if he loses and loses like that, he is not an asset. No one's going to be afraid of AJ Greer.

He's willing and will goes a long way. There are plenty of guys who aren't

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Greer can be effective this year, he is ok defensively, ok around the net with a good shot but otherwise a classic JAG, what can separate him is being a consistent heavy hitter and letting Lucic handle the real heavyweights. When he has dropped them with guys like Harpur and Matt Martin it has gone very badly for Greer.

Become a Brendan Lemieux or Marchand lite in his early years. Instigate, hit and only fight guys who won't ragdoll you
I’m surprised his offense doesn’t translate to the big time…at all.

He’s got speed…and a good shot. Guess it’s not refined enough.

Reactions: BMC

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I thought Poitras, Beecher, Bussi, Richard and Mitchell from the young guys impressed. Mitchell has a real shot of playing some games in place of Shatty.

JVR, DeBrusk and Frederic all looked great too. We forget how good Frederic is defensively. Don’t know what people see in Geekie, thought Brown was better in the limited ice time he had. Love all the right shots.

Lysell was noticeable but made some bad turnovers. Overall I think if they put him on a line of NHLers his plays would have connected more. It felt like there was no one there to help him.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
There shouldn't have been a fight but Harpur couldn't handle getting dumped by a smaller player so he decided to be a spot picker with little time left in the game. I want Greer making those hits every shift he plays. Ideally he walks away and lets the loser take a penalty,

Harpur wasn't even the one who got hit. Makes me wonder why Harpur wasn't given an instigator

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Harpur wasn’t the one that Greer hit

Reactions: Alicat

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT

I get your point. There’s very little fear factor. But I also know some see it differently…just answering the bell has always been viewed as a positive trait by most of the coaches I’ve ever known.

If nobody steps up, literally every opposing player takes liberties. There is still a deterrent factor with some players who don’t want to fight.

Reactions: GordonHowe and BMC

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I get your point. There’s very little fear factor. But I also know some see it differently…just answering the bell has always been viewed as a positive trait by most of the coaches I’ve ever known.

If nobody steps up, literally every opposing player takes liberties.

Why do guys need to answer the bell for a pretty standard hit? The hit wasn't even close to being anything big. It's not like the guy got blown up and it was yard sale on the ice. The guy got up and skated to the bench.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Lysell was noticeable but made some bad turnovers. Overall I think if they put him on a line of NHLers his plays would have connected more. It felt like there was no one there to help him.
His game feels like that a lot. I said the same thing about him in the prospects game. Hopefully it’s not some flaw in his game that’s going to derail him. He had some good moments tonight, some bursts where he’d made a good play or shot, but he also had as many mistakes. Let’s see what the next game brings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad