Prospect Rankings - Submit Your Complete List

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
I like this way of doing it a lot more. Leaving a few days to a week or more between posting each poll meant that getting through 15-20 players would take 2+ months. It loses steam easily, and the accuracy and reliability are questionable given people's rankings could be completely different by the end of it. A lot can change in a few months when it comes to prospects. Doing it this way means we can get a general snapshot at any given point in time within a week. Do one after the draft, one after training camp, one mid-season, and one at the end of the season. Those are all logical points in time to evaluate/re-evaluate prospects. Having said that, shout out to @Henkka for taking on the time and effort to do it at all. Not everyone's prepared to do it and we wouldn't have any prospect polls otherwise, flawed or not. On that note, shout out to you too @jaster, thanks for taking this on. Good idea to do it this way.

Agree about Edvinsson. Also considered him a prospect in the offseason due to age and not having cemented himself yet. But he's on the NHL roster now and he's there to stay. I'd say the same about Johansson at this point tbh. He's on the NHL roster now, likely to stay (barring a trade), and he's starting his 6th season of playing in men's pro leagues, 2nd in NA. Hard to justify him being a prospect at this point.

1. ASP
2. Cossa
3. Danielson
4. Kasper
5. MBN
6. Mazur
7. Wallinder
8. Augustine
9. Buchelnikov
10. Plante
11. Lombardi
12. Buium
13. Tuomisto
14. Kiiskinen
15. Soderblom
16. NDN
17. Finnie
18. Becher
19. Savage
20. James

Tough decision between ASP and Cossa, ASP just has more 'this guy could be a special player' energy to me. Although that whole top 5 is really strong, arguments could be made for any of them.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
1. Marco Kasper
2. Michael Brandsegg-Nygård
3. Axel Sandin-Pellikka
-------------------
4. Sebastian Cossa
5. Nate Danielson
------------------
6. Trey Augustine
7. Carter Mazur
-------------------
8. William Wallinder
9. Albert Johansson
10. Elmer Söderblom
11. Dimitri Buchelnikov
12. Max Plante
13. Amadeus Lombardi
--------------------
14. Jesse Kiiskinen
15. Shai Buium
16. Noah Dower-Nilsson
17. Ondrej Becher
18. Brady Cleveland
19. Dylan James
20. Emmitt Finnie

HM: Anton Johansson, Antti Tuomisto, Red Savage

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
If you had to rank AlJo, where would you put him?

TBH, I dunno. Probably #7. He'll have a career but it'll be something between Djoos and Stecher. Djoos won a Cup his rookie season, and Stecher has somehow racked up almost 500 NHL games. But I don't see him becoming an impact player in the NHL.

I wish he'd copy Mazur's training regiment and throw some bulk on his skinny ass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad