Prospect Info: Prospect Info and Discussion VIII - Future Canes and other Jurcos

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Jamieson Rees comes back from suspension and puts up 1G/2A in his first full game. It was his team's first win this year as they sit 1-7-0.

He's got a ways to go to catch up to other HFCanes favored 2nd pick Nick Robertson who has 12 Goals and 19 points in 10 games so far this year.

There's a concussion issue, I believe, with Robertson, which is why he slipped more than he should've. Without injuries, he was a 1st round talent.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Jamieson Rees comes back from suspension and puts up 1G/2A in his first full game. It was his team's first win this year as they sit 1-7-0.

He's got a ways to go to catch up to other HFCanes favored 2nd pick Nick Robertson who has 12 Goals and 19 points in 10 games so far this year.

Are you purposely trying to give Kev @My Special Purpose a heart attack? Not cool.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
what about wishing someone’s inner dialog is stuck in Gilbert Godfrieds voice?

I love Gilbert Gotfried. And I love Nick Robertson. On the fence about Jameson Rees.

Y'know, the only really bad thing about Robertson lighting up the OHL this season is that he got drafted by Toronto. As much as I'd like to forget about him as "just another prospect," they will not let me. It would have been infinitely better had he been drafted by Anaheim or a team like that.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Checkers bounced back in a big way yesterday, won 7-3. Priskie looks like an excellent addition, PPG early in the season as an AHL rookie. I'll be interested to see the Checkers squad when in full health. Guys like Mattheos and Smallman are recovering from health issues and have yet to hit the lineup this season.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
If Smallman can actually have injury free seasons, I think he would be a better version of Foegele. To make it better he is a right hand shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unsustainable

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Here's the play where Barrie Colt's player Ryan Suzuki gets a stick in his eye.
Hopefully he'll back 100% in the next week or so.

Reactions: Unsustainable

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Ryan Suzuki:
This played happened on Friday, Nov. 1st in Saginaw Michigan.
Ilya Solovyov of the Saginaw Spirit was the culprit of the dirty play on Suzuki.
Suzuki scored a goal in this game, +1, 3 Shots which the Barrie Colts won 4-3 SO.
Next day, Sat., Nov. 2nd, Suzuki did not dress for the game against the Flint Firebirds.
He was playing well for Barrie and was scoring @ 1.31/pts/gm up until the eye injury Friday.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Ryan Suzuki:
This played happened on Friday, Nov. 1st in Saginaw Michigan.
Ilya Solovyov of the Saginaw Spirit was the culprit of the dirty play on Suzuki.
Suzuki scored a goal in this game, +1, 3 Shots which the Barrie Colts won 4-3 SO.
Next day, Sat., Nov. 2nd, Suzuki did not dress for the game against the Flint Firebirds.
He was playing well for Barrie and was scoring @ 1.31/pts/gm up until the eye injury Friday.
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League

Seems like very serious stuff reading around...

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Makiniemi seems to be the only goalie prospect who is off to a good start. His .918 is second in his league.

Tieksola is really the only prospect -- at any position or level -- who's putting up exciting numbers, and he's at the wrong level. All the Liiga guys bombed out (Killinen, Tieksola, Puistola and Honka has been pretty average), Kochetkov bombed out in the KHL, Sellgren isn't a big numbers guy and hasn't done anything anyway, Bokk got bumped to the fourth line. The Charlotte guys are all minus-40. Not a great start to the season in the org.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Tieksola is really the only prospect -- at any position or level -- who's putting up exciting numbers, and he's at the wrong level. All the Liiga guys bombed out (Killinen, Tieksola, Puistola and Honka has been pretty average), Kochetkov bombed out in the KHL, Sellgren isn't a big numbers guy and hasn't done anything anyway, Bokk got bumped to the fourth line. The Charlotte guys are all minus-40. Not a great start to the season in the org.

I’d agree with most of this but will point out a few bright spots:

I think Honka actually has shown a good bit of improvement this year in Liiga. He’s got 8pts through 19gms and is a +6. Yeah, yeah +/- is a shitty stat, but for Honka, I think that’s a marked improvement against men. And he was lights out offensively at the WJSS this summer against kids his own age.

Priskie has been used in all situations in Charlotte and he needs work defensively...but, from what I’ve seen, his skating is better than advertised and his offensive game has transitioned seamlessly to the pro game.

Lastly, Rees has been friggin awesome since back from suspension.

But yeah, guys like Bokk and Puistola aren’t getting playing time, and Bean has been disappointing in the games I’ve seen him on AHL Live.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad