GDT: Prospect camp / GDT -- Camp opens 09/11 -- Games 09/14 and 09/15 against Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

weems

Jul 3, 2008
The Lane Hutson hype is legitimate.
When you hear all the buzz, you're a bit skeptical because there's alot of these extremely talented offensive defencemen that are questionable defensively.
I'm sure he will have some struggles in his own end, but his skating, patience with the puck and overall unpredicatability is elite.
He will be a headache to play against but hopefully he gives alot back in the defensive zone.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
McMann, jarnkrok and domi aren't really clear cut top 6 guys. With all those options for left wing, why even bother trying out Pacioretty? They're all better options, what makes you think we'll even sign him?
This deal was done last July according to Elliot. GM and coach love vets

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Yeah for sure except that for these kids it's one of the most important games of their lives. It was pretty intense with lots of contact, hard nosed cycling and even a pretty play here and there.

I don't think Treliving or Berube are stuck in the veteran is better mentality. Young guys were inserted into the lineup last year as needed.

Minten is more likely to make the team than either Lorentz or Pacioretty. There are a lot of people other than you Bill that think this way, but the Leafs Mgmnt are a little more progressive than you think. They've been preaching the same mantra all summer of " who wins the job gets the job.

The NHL is a skating game and Minten caught two different guys from behind yesterday, one of whom was rated as an elite skater at the draft. Just because there are a couple of PTOs in camp doesn't negate jobs that are currently wide open.

In fact I would say there are only 7 or 8 players guaranteed roster spots as of the camp opening next week, all else is up for grabs.

I'm kind of amazed that so many people underestimate Mintens offensive abilities. Even though he fought injuries all year, played on 4 different teams and still was a PPG player in the W, people still don't see him!

Hard accurate shot, check
Disguises release points, check
Silky mitts, check
High awareness level, check
Goes to the dirty areas, check
Strong on the boards, check

He could play in the A and it might do him some good, but he's already highly disciplined and plays a strong 200 foot game. If he can win the dot at least 50% of the time against NHLers I just don't see him in the A.
I want you to be right
2 of Minten, Cowan, Greb or Quillian would make this team humm

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Even if they don't make it out of camp, I am wondering if we don't have some guys come up and help like Dallas did last year. Cowan and Minten feel like they will have NHL games this year. Maybe they give us legit depth

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Mayes has not impressed very much. He's big and tough I guess but his puck skills are awful.

I would have rather they picked Veit Oswald... but whatever I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad