Prospect Info: prospect camp 24-25

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Heimosalmi listed at 5'11", 170 lbs., turned 21yo 3 months ago. Gonna need some time with Billy B. Second round draft pick we got for the rights to Jake Bean.

Legault listed at 6'3", 207 lbs and doesn't turn 21 for another two months. Fifth round draft pick we got for Ethan Bear and Lane Pederson.

Only time will tell but some of that Borg "small ball" stuff might be working after all.

Last edited:

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Heimosalmi listed at 5'11", 170 lbs., turned 21yo 3 months ago. Gonna need some time with Billy B. Second round draft pick we got for the rights to Jake Bean.

Legault listed at 6'3", 207 lbs and doesn't turn 21 for another two months. Fifth round draft pick we got for Ethan Bear and Lane Pederson.

Only time will tell but some of that Borg "small ball" stuff might be working after all.
181 lbs according to Liiga. Cant use the canes prospects listing, i dont know why they dont update it

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Heimo was a hyped guy until Assat stopped using him like the U20 did
They overused him in the WJC’s because they didn’t have enough guys to the level and he got exposed. It would make sense he would keep developing and improve, I think him taking a step back then could end up being a good thing for him. The rapid development plan so many guys seem to be on doesn’t work for everyone. This guy was always a good prospect, it just seemed like he was being forced into too big a role when he wasn’t ready for it. I hope he stays here because I think coming into this off season he was probably the most developed d prospect we have aside from Nikishin. He won’t have Morrows offensive game but he’d be way more steady Eddie defensively and could probably work his way into being the 7th guy on a rotation this year or next. We talk about not missing on a Forsling. This is the kind of player that falls into that category to me. Most don’t turn out like Forsling obviously but give him some time to see what he is.

Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Canes Prospects writeup loves Legault. It's one guy's opinion but it's hard not to get excited about the description here.

• Charles-Alexis Legault’s work ethic is insane. Out early yesterday, out early again today. This shows in his development. Easily the most powerful skate out there, needing maybe one good stride to get speed.
  • Legault also has an INSANE shot. He can generate so much power from his wrist that it makes me think that at some point, he was a forward. A goal-scoring one, at that.

This is from his EliteProspects page:

Charles-Alexis Legault's a robust defender, not content just to survive his shifts " he's actively seeking to initiate contact and dispossess his opponents of the puck. Legault plays with a tight gap in the neutral zone, he's also an enthusiastic offensive activator from the blue line, availing himself of any opportunity to rush up the ice and get involved in the attack or seek out soft ice from the offensive blue line. -EliteProspects 2023 NHL Draft Guide

Now replace his name with Nikishin and we'd be like "well, yeah."

I'm paying attention.

baconandbread

Oct 30, 2019
No one :
Slavin:
2008dc27f62ae24fbbfe1e87950d0c11.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad