TBN: KeyBank Center upgrades

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

Go to 25:38. You're welcome :laugh:

I lost count of how many times I watched games in SRO at the top of the Oranges looking down. (Opposite the luxury boxes). If not for that concrete block wall,let me tell you it was NO place for those with vertigo!

The area behind SRO wall was the between periods smoking area.......

I can still smell the burnt tobacco. LOL

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Having lived through both the era of old arenas of yesteryear and today's modern era arenas..it just seems absolutely insane to me when people are calling for a 30 year old building to be leveled and replaced. 30 years isn't that old, considering the age of arenas like Boston Garden, Montreal Forum, ML Garden, Chicago Stadium when they were replaced. As loved as they were, they all had MAJOR problems such as no air conditioning, many obstructed view seats, small uncomfortable seats, no luxury boxes, no modern scoreboards, terrible locker rooms, limited weight rooms/training areas for players... It isn't like today's arenas have that level of problems.
The term "venerable" is no longer part of today's arena lexicon......

jd1970

Feb 23, 2007
Downtown Buffalo
I lost count of how many times I watched games in SRO at the top of the Oranges looking down. (Opposite the luxury boxes). If not for that concrete block wall,let me tell you it was NO place for those with vertigo!

The area behind SRO wall was the between periods smoking area.......

I can still smell the burnt tobacco. LOL
When I was a kid, I made paper airplanes from the program, and tried to sail them onto the Braves' court from that spot.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I stopped going to Bruin's games because the seats I am willing to pay for get totally overwhelmed by the massive videoboard and speaker system. Aside from getting totally blasted by really loud, really bad music, I found myself watching the game on the video because the ice surface was so far away. May as well stay home.

Reactions: Jacob582

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I stopped going to Bruin's games because the seats I am willing to pay for get totally overwhelmed by the massive videoboard and speaker system. Aside from getting totally blasted by really loud, really bad music, I found myself watching the game on the video because the ice surface was so far away. May as well stay home.

I barely care more about scoreboard than roof. Ice a playoff hockey team.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
A family member had Sabres seasons in what should have been great seats, 100 level, about mid way, and between the blue lines.

But there was a set of hanging speakers pointed right at them and it made for such an annoying experience. Can't hold a conversation during stoppages, or even pre-game because the lousy music is blasting

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
They should name it the Jeff Skinner memorial scoreboard because that’s where the money saved buying him out went.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
My friends and I snuck onto the flat roof (where Tooth's ladder was set up) during some Russian showcase game in like 1999. There was an unlocked door that we almost learned the hard way automatically locked from the outside. Rink rats no matter the size of the rink. :laugh:

Nothing better than a hockey rink - from the smallest barn to the biggest arena. They're always one of my favorite places to be and I try to hang out as long as I can.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT and HOOats

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad