Proposal: Proposal: tbl-dal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DALLAS90

Aug 22, 2016
I can see Bishop trade probably happening soon w/ Nichushkin probably involved, DAL juss signed Hudler so either a trade is coming or Nichushkin is going to Russia

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Well Tampa won't want anything to do with Nichushkin if he's leaning more towards the KHL....unless they're really keen on acquiring his rights, for some reason. :dunno:

Might be a snag in any Bishop to Dallas trade talks.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
31 GMs out of 31 take Eakins over Filppula. Cheaper, signed for longer and younger.

debatable. nearly 4 mil is a lot for a guy that is a 35-40pt player.
4 year is a lot of term as well for a guy who hasnt proven to be more than a 3rd liner.

the leafs take filpulla with 2 years at 5 per without a doubt. sorry to blow a hole in your prediction though

valente317

Jun 4, 2014
I will say once again, I heard anecdotally from people in the Lightning organization at the time that Stevie Y was targeting Gurianov at the 2015 Draft, so there could still be some interest there.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
I will say once again, I heard anecdotally from people in the Lightning organization at the time that Stevie Y was targeting Gurianov at the 2015 Draft, so there could still be some interest there.

There's a world of difference between targeting a player at the draft and trading your MVP and a top-two goalie in the NHL for him. If it happens you can say "I told you so" but I can't imagine Yzerman making Gurianov the main piece in a Bishop trade.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
the leafs take filpulla with 2 years at 5 per without a doubt.

Debatable

I don't think Lamoriello would like to be handcuffed with Filppula, his 5M$ salary and his NMC at the expansion draft and would prefer getting his coach an experienced young player who can play in all situation and doesn't need to be protected, and can be traded if need be. But maybe that's just me.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Bishop for Honka would have to be the starting point but Dallas fans seem willing to pass on two years of Benn/Seguin prime by keeping the current goalie tandem in order to keep a prospect like Honka.

It's less about passing up two years and more about potentially signing Bishop for nothing but cap next season while still preserving our rare blue chip defensive prospect.

Dallas' blueline is still a massive issue. Trading away its future makes signing Bishop at that price a lateral move in more ways than one. Oduya will be gone after this season: Hamhuis the season after. Klingberg, Johns, Nemeth, Oleksiak, Jordie will follow in their footsteps...that's bad as it gets in this league. It's a really big deal to Dallas that their prospects (Honka, Lindell, and Backman in particular) make the jump with success.

This will allow them to play a cost effective defense before Seguin's extension. They also don't have forwards to trade for defensemen. Dallas' scoring depth is tied up in veterans (Sharp, Hemsky, Hudler, Eaves) and free agents. Needless to say, Nill has to be smarter than usual when it comes to trading futures. I hear fans make a potential trade for a goalie sound so open and shut and it simply isn't. Dallas played the part of an elite team with a woodchuck turd in net. They just need average goaltending to remain elite.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
DAL: Filppula, Bishop
TB: Niemi, Eakin, 1st Round

thoughts? Niemi salary retained is possible too

Doesn't work for us capwise or valuewise.

Flip and Bish going out makes the money work, and could take back a slightly retained Niemi, but Eakin doesn't do anything for me. Just a straight up prospect would be awesome - i'd like Flip and Bish for Niemi and Honka, though I doubt you will.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Flip and Bish going out makes the money work, and could take back a slightly retained Niemi, but Eakin doesn't do anything for me. Just a straight up prospect would be awesome - i'd like Flip and Bish for Niemi and Honka, though I doubt you will.

Flip and Bish going out most certainly do not make the money work. They represent a combined cap hit of $5M in 2017 and nothing beyond that; Eakin and Niemi have a combined cap hit of $8.35M in 2017 and $3.85M for the two years after that. That's an additional $3-4M in cap hit a year that we simply cannot afford, nor do we have any interest in those two players to begin with.

And Bish and Flip for Niemi and Honka isn't horribly far off, but we'd need an additional plus from Dallas to make the Flip/Niemi swap work. Bishop for Honka works as a base, and if Dallas needs us to do them a favor by taking on Niemi then sending Filppula back balances out the salaries. But even though he's overpaid for his offensive production Filppula is immensely valuable on the penalty kill and as a defensive forward, whereas Niemi is massively overpaid for a backup goalie and wouldn't benefit our team on a day-to-day basis the way Flip does (hence the required plus from Dallas.)

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
It's less about passing up two years and more about potentially signing Bishop for nothing but cap next season while still preserving our rare blue chip defensive prospect.

If I were Dallas that's the way I'd play it, which is why I've said all along that a trade is unlikely. Dallas understandably doesn't want to give up their blue chip defensive prospect and Tampa equally understandably doesn't want to trade their elite goalie for less.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If I were Dallas that's the way I'd play it, which is why I've said all along that a trade is unlikely. Dallas understandably doesn't want to give up their blue chip defensive prospect and Tampa equally understandably doesn't want to trade their elite goalie for less.

I doubt that works out for Dallas though. It doesn't look like Bishop will finish the season in TB (despite my personal objections), and whichever team acquires him is likely to do so with the idea that they can get an extension in place. It doesn't feel like Bishop will hit free agency unless he somehow finishes the year in TB. I hope he does, but the writing was on the wall with the Vasilevskiy contract.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I can see Bishop trade probably happening soon w/ Nichushkin probably involved, DAL juss signed Hudler so either a trade is coming or Nichushkin is going to Russia

Also possible we just keep both. Both Hudler and Nichuskin are better than McKenzie and Ritchie so there is also the chance that they get sent back down

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
I doubt that works out for Dallas though. It doesn't look like Bishop will finish the season in TB (despite my personal objections), and whichever team acquires him is likely to do so with the idea that they can get an extension in place. It doesn't feel like Bishop will hit free agency unless he somehow finishes the year in TB. I hope he does, but the writing was on the wall with the Vasilevskiy contract.

Well that's the risk they take if they want to keep Honka. And it's actually not as big of a risk as you'd think: unless Vasy takes a huge leap forward in his development Bishop still gives us by far our best chance of winning a championship, and there may well not be any teams out there with an interest in Bishop, the cap space to give him the contract he wants, that are close enough to contention for him to want to waive his NMC, AND which have a prospect good enough to entice us to trade him that they're willing to part with. If the Lightning have a horrendous season and are out of contention by the trade deadline then a deal becomes more likely, but otherwise the odds are greatly in favor of us keeping him for one last playoff run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad