Pro Tank Thread "You said that we'd be better now, better now. But you always let us down."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
There's no way. We're stuck with Benning for 2 more years minimum. This coming season was always going to be a complete write-off; "Well, the faces of the franchise just left! Of course the team's going to have a rough patch while new leadership emerges!" <---get used to that. We'll be hearing it a lot.
I hate how right you probably are with that- especially with the excuse. Personally I am really hoping that the rift between Linden and the organization is built on Benning saying this will be a playoff team this year- then when the abysmal season ends they fire his ass and keep the scouting department intact. Then we have a proper GM to run the show and build a legit team around the young nucleus plus another top 5 draft pick.

However, I will wait until hell freezes over, or pigs fly to really think it will happen. Though if the Cleveland Browns can win a football game and be the favorites in the betting line for that game, I guess anything is possible.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
This gets better every year - only 5 or so pre-season games in and we're already tanking harder than an entire armor division.

Wheeeeeeee~.
giphy.gif

lawrence

May 19, 2012
anyone actually notice this? our top 6 this year is literally the same as last year. Literally no one knew this, haha.

Come on down, 18.5% chance at Hughes and less than a 50% shot at at Top 3 spot!

lots of good players in this draft too.

Reactions: timw33

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
anyone actually notice this? our top 6 this year is literally the same as last year. Literally no one knew this, haha.

lots of good players in this draft too.

Totally, I'd rather we all not get completely fixated on a thing that is going to come down to a lottery ball to have. Need to just assume we're losing all 3 lotteries to keep our expectations in check.

Reactions: Chris McKinlay

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Give Colorado whatever for Ottawa's 1st round draft pick. The only way to better the odds is to obtain all potential top 5 draft picks.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
We aren’t even close to Jack Hughes territory yet. That would be like saying based on a perfect preseason record that we are the cup favourites. Many championship teams in recent memory have looked dreadful in the preseason. It’s still way too early to get excited about tanking.

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
We aren’t even close to Jack Hughes territory yet. That would be like saying based on a perfect preseason record that we are the cup favourites. Many championship teams in recent memory have looked dreadful in the preseason. It’s still way too early to get excited about tanking.

This is obviously a joke right? You watch the games don't you

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Green is obviously concerned but clearly you know better.

Reactions: Jack Burton

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

Ya? How many of those championship teams that bombed through preseason finished 26th, 29th, and 28th in league standings 3 years running?

Our preseason matches the flaming tire fire this team has been for the past 3 seasons. Grab a clue champ.

Reactions: Jack Burton

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
It's early in the season in Finland, but Kaapo Kakko playing for TPS in Finland's top league has 3 goals and 7 points in 6 games. On pace for more goals and more points than Laine. If the Jack Hughes thing falls through (which it probly will) it would be nice to have another elite prospect to aim for.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
It's early in the season in Finland, but Kaapo Kakko playing for TPS in Finland's top league has 3 goals and 7 points in 6 games. On pace for more goals and more points than Laine. If the Jack Hughes thing falls through (which it probly will) it would be nice to have another elite prospect to aim for.
I'm CACA for Kakkodemon!

Reactions: Eddy Punch Clock

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C

The funny thing is I still remember arguing with Jack and Drop for refusing to join the Tank in the 2015/2016 season, I eventually joined that year after we went on a losing streak. (Yayyy we got Olli Juolevi :mad:)

Here we are now, almost half a decade older... except now it’s gotten worst and the tanking is starting in pre-season with a -16 goal differential...

Are we aiming for a decade here? :(

This management team needs to go.

Reactions: The Drop
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad