Prime Crosby & Malkin in Stanley Cup Runs

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I met Orpik and Dupuis they were the nicest guys ever, same with TK48. The biggest dick I ever met was Phil Bourque, what an ass.
I met him at the tables after game 1 in 2008 in Detroit. He was decent. Same with Lange.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Well I meant that facetiously but Skinner and Jarry are close to being the same goalie, though Skinner might be more clutch lol…does it matter because EDM has way more talent and better coaching than the Pens to more than make up for the below average goaltending they get…
Is that a dig on Sully? That's getting personal ;).

EDM more talent...
Makes me think of our days when all we needed was someone competent between the pipes come playoff time. Just competent, not amazing! I think EDM needs a little more than competent.

I don't thing EDM is thaaaaat well coached. I mean they are MUCH better coached than years prior, but their strategy seems to be "wait until McDavid or Draisaitl is out there", and "hand them the puck as much as possible".

Oh...and if things aren't working, "put them on the same line". That strategy does feel familiar though...lol.

To be fair, McDavid is totally a one-man-show when he gets the chance!

Their bottom 6 is as useless as ours.

Reactions: Andy99

Kiith Nabaal

Oct 11, 2013
Crosby had 21 points in 12 games in 2018. If we went all the way again he might have cracked 40.

Speaking of Dupuis, I really didn't like that he drove himself to the hospital while he was in the middle of a stroke or whatever his situation was.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Crosby had 21 points in 12 games in 2018. If we went all the way again he might have cracked 40.

Speaking of Dupuis, I really didn't like that he drove himself to the hospital while he was in the middle of a stroke or whatever his situation was.

The worst part was him having more blood clot issues after his first and he kinda just said "whatever" and continued to try to play. I mean... respect the grit and determination but you got like 7 kids or whatever, bruv.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Prime Malkin

1718381073078.gif

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Talbot was never playing with Crosby fyi
No, he was playing against lesser players because Crosby was getting the shutdown guys.

One of the main reasons why I never understood the Kessel for Conn Smythe talk in '16. He was facing easier competition, plus both Bonino and Hagelin were producing well themselves while doing all of the heavy lifting defensively on that line, they could have had just as good of a case at winning the Smythe IMO.
I thought Letang had the best case for the Smythe that year though. He was a beast at both ends of the ice and even scored the cup winning goal. That was him at his absolute peak.

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
No, he was playing against lesser players because Crosby was getting the shutdown guys.

One of the main reasons why I never understood the Kessel for Conn Smythe talk in '16. He was facing easier competition, plus both Bonino and Hagelin were producing well themselves while doing all of the heavy lifting defensively on that line, they could have had just as good of a case at winning the Smythe IMO.
I thought Letang had the best case for the Smythe that year though. He was a beast at both ends of the ice and even scored the cup winning goal. That was him at his absolute peak.
Not in that Detroit Cup win. Zetterburg and Lindstrom was against Crosby's line, while Pavel Datszyuk and Hossa Kronwall had Malkin. Pretty equal levels of defensive players against each line

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Soon all penguins fans will have to post about is nostalgia.

No stopping the HCMS train to mediocrityville and beyond.

Reactions: Andy99

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Not in that Detroit Cup win. Zetterburg and Lindstrom was against Crosby's line, while Pavel Datszyuk and Hossa Kronwall had Malkin. Pretty equal levels of defensive players against each line
Datsyuk was injured in 09 thankfully. In 2008 I think Babs mostly played Zetterberg and Datsyuk together vs Crosby and Hossa. Malkin was toast by the finals that year.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey

Sid over Letang was definitely narrative driven. The others, not so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,770.00