Prime Crosby & Malkin in Stanley Cup Runs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Felt bad on the Thornton play, but at the same time dude kinda deserved it for lining dudes up nonstop and then turtling every time he was asked to answer the bell.

I never like to see stuff like that regardless of the player. But yeah... I mean... karma?

Orpik definitely loved to throw his weight around but was almost never to be found when the scrum started haha.

“This is stupid bullshit. Sid is the captain”- Evgeni Malkin

f***ing legend.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Man remember that one shift where Orpik hit like 10 Red Wings and still couldn’t get the puck?
"The Shift" always makes me laugh cuz the Wings are just casually absorbing hits along the boards and the Pens can't do shit to gain possession or disrupt the cycle. :laugh:

Hits and takeaway stats are cool but like, if a guy has a ton of either odds are it's because the other team had the puck the majority of the time he was on the ice. Unless we're talking about Datsyuk.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
"The Shift" always makes me laugh cuz the Wings are just casually absorbing hits along the boards and the Pens can't do shit to gain possession or disrupt the cycle. :laugh:

Hits and takeaway stats are cool but like, if a guy has a ton of either odds are it's because the other team had the puck the majority of the time he was on the ice. Unless we're talking about Datsyuk.

Well takeaway stats are a little different though.

You know... because I'm a huge Malkin fan. And I need something to cling to in his "this shits about to blow out" years.

• Haha
Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Well takeaway stats are a little different though.

You know... because I'm a huge Malkin fan. And I need something to cling to in his "this shits about to blow out" years.
I just want you to know, as I was typing it, I thought "Oh, actually, Geno's got some gaudy takeaway numbers now and then in his career. I bet BlindWilly's gonna say somethin'." :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I just want you to know, as I was typing it, I thought "Oh, actually, Geno's got some gaudy takeaway numbers now and then in his career. I bet BlindWilly's gonna say somethin'." :laugh:

He always has.

But hey... he REALLY cut down on his turnovers this past year while leading the league in takeaways!

That's basically the same thing as scoring a PPG. Right? RIGHT?!?

• Love
Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
I never like to see stuff like that regardless of the player. But yeah... I mean... karma?

Orpik definitely loved to throw his weight around but was almost never to be found when the scrum started haha.

f***ing legend.
Orpik was the best at crosschecking the opposing team's goal scorer into the crease and into whomever was in net that night for the Pens.

**** him.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
That game where Orpik got Thornton'd was insane. Orpik slobberknocked a dude in Eriksson who had just come back from a concussion and he didn't even have the puck. Neal kneed Marchand in the head iirc. Just a shitshow. :laugh:

Some of those Bylsma era teams had some psychotic streaks.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Crosby is a complete player and actually played defense.

He also led the team. Both by example and actually led the team.

Do you get leadership vibes from McDavid?

The Oiler duo are fun to watch. It is why I wanted them in the finals even though I didn't think that the Oilers could keep up with Florida.

But there is a reason beyond bad surrounding players choices and coaches that the Oilers never have won anything in this era. McDavid is the Ovechkin of this era. Fun to watch but will never match Crosby's multiple Cups.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
These playoffs reminds me so much how dominant prime Crosby and Geno were at the height of their career around the same age of Mcdavid and Draistl. Our two Centers were the Unstoppable force as a 1 2 punch in NHL centers History.

1718163131393.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad