Value of: Price Check on Kings pieces

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Is there any players that interest you in a hockey trade w/ Colorado and denault
Sadly, trading Danault would be throwing in the towel in the biggest way for LA.

Without him to split matchups with Kopitar, you would see Anze’s already “senior” pace coupled with PLD’s apathy defending against other teams top lines.

Phillip has turned into the center ice lynchpin for LA. So much for lauded center depth, eh?

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Sadly, trading Danault would be throwing in the towel in the biggest way for LA.

Without him to split matchups with Kopitar, you would see Anze’s already “senior” pace coupled with PLD’s apathy defending against other teams top lines.

Phillip has turned into the center ice lynchpin for LA. So much for lauded center depth, eh?
Yeah I didn’t think there’d be a whole lot of interest. What’s up with PLD? I haven’t watched any kings.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Everyone on here acting like Blake’s job is on the line crack me up. Unfortunately for us King fans his boss is his buddy Luc and the only way he would fire his buddy is if ownership told Luc to make the change or he would be fired. Hope I’m wrong but it’s a clear setup of good ol boys.

Reactions: hn777 and YP44

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
PLD got paid with term and seems to float about 70% of the time. When he plays with fire he can be real good but that rarely happens.
PLD is effective when he plays with high quality players.
He played great 2 games when Kempe was playing with him.
It looks like today they will be playing together again on first line with Kopitar.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Blake is the worst GM in kings history, bar none.

McMaster had and owner that couldn’t make payroll.

Blake inherited a team with a “core” that could have easily been sold off to rebuild the team when it was painfully obvious it needed to happen after 2017. Instead he kept those guys and has sold off nearly every prospect and pick he’s had to support the corpses of the guys he should have gotten rid of in the first place, and won NOT A DAM THING in the process. Not a single playoff round win in 7 years despite starting with every advantage.

I'm sorry, but this seems like the classic fan (who likes tear down rebuilds) revisionist history. Assuming he could have gotten a mandate to to sell off veterans, who was he to sell after 2017?

-Kopitar, the guy with a full NMC on a long term big money contract and was coming off the worst season in his career?
-Dustin Brown, who most at the time thought had one of the worst contracts in the NHL?
-Drew Doughty?
-25 year olds Toffoli and Pearson that they just re-signed?
-Jeff Carter and Marion Gaborik's awful contracts?
-Quick's contract?

He ended up trading Muzzin for about as good a return as you could hope for at any point since he became GM and traded Martinez later to make room for younger guys. I guess you could argue not trading Martinez earlier was a mistake, as was not trading Doughty (even if you would never get fair value back), but that hardly means worst GM ever. He inherited a team that was experiencing classic post-cup run issues and they're already competitive again. That's not common.

The LA Kings had a pretty unfavourable cap outlook when Rob Blake took over. I assume you're talking later, as LA built up an enviable prospect pool from 2017-2021, but I'm not sure who you're talking about as the sold off picks and prospects (Andersson trade? Arvidsson? Fiala?). He had a pretty bad 2023 offseason that in hindsight was poor because of cap issues and a push to acquire Dubois and not address goaltending sufficiently, but worst? Look into your teams history.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I'm sorry, but this seems like the classic fan (who likes tear down rebuilds) revisionist history. Assuming he could have gotten a mandate to to sell off veterans, who was he to sell after 2017?

-Kopitar, the guy with a full NMC on a long term big money contract and was coming off the worst season in his career?
-Dustin Brown, who most at the time thought had one of the worst contracts in the NHL?
-Drew Doughty?
-25 year olds Toffoli and Pearson that they just re-signed?
-Jeff Carter and Marion Gaborik's awful contracts?
-Quick's contract?

He ended up trading Muzzin for about as good a return as you could hope for at any point since he became GM and traded Martinez later to make room for younger guys. I guess you could argue not trading Martinez earlier was a mistake, as was not trading Doughty (even if you would never get fair value back), but that hardly means worst GM ever. He inherited a team that was experiencing classic post-cup run issues and they're already competitive again. That's not common.

The LA Kings had a pretty unfavourable cap outlook when Rob Blake took over. I assume you're talking later, as LA built up an enviable prospect pool from 2017-2021, but I'm not sure who you're talking about as the sold off picks and prospects (Andersson trade? Arvidsson? Fiala?). He had a pretty bad 2023 offseason that in hindsight was poor because of cap issues and a push to acquire Dubois and not address goaltending sufficiently, but worst? Look into your teams history.
It’s pretty arrogant for you to tell me to look at my teams history when I’ve been watching this team religiously for 35+ years and never seen you on the kings board once. I assure you, you have no idea what you’re talking about. Blake is the worst GM this franchise has had, it’s not close. Nobody has done less with more.

In an alternate universe the Kings are a rising power with Byfield, Vilardi, Faber, Clarke, Spence and all the players they could’ve acquired with the first round picks they didn’t trade away or completely whiff on leading the way.

Instead they didn’t deal Kopitar and Doughty, who would have been very desirable to teams who’s windows were opening looking for final pieces, traded a shit ton of assets including a guy that’s gonna be anchoring Minnesota’s top pair for the next 15 years to “support” Kopitar and Doughty on the way to winning nothing. Absolutely zero. Someone else mentioned the Kings are having a f***ing “legends night” for Kopitar on Wednesday and he’s STILL the Kings number 1 center. Seems like a problem, especially when the dude is “skating” in a wheelchair out there, but maybe I just don’t know my own team? Right.

But hey we’re getting a few years of Fiala giving the puck away for goals against and PLDunothing, who by the way was brought in to cement the center position just like Danault was, on a team that drafted 4 centers in the first round and none of them are playing center and only one of them is even still on the team. And Dubois is now on the wing himself. Bravo Blake.

Oh yeah and Blake is selling the kings as a contender while spending 75 cents on goaltenders because he capped his own ass out with a series of self inflicted shotgun blasts to the dick.

L-A won't trade Clarke, not a chance.

He's Doughty successor...
Rob Blake doesn’t give a shit about Doughty’s successor. He won’t be around for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fat Elvis and hn777

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Well looks like you were spot on.

Harts career probably done after what happende yesterday. He is out indefinite for personal reasons.

Flyers just can't catch a break ...
writing on the wall for him for a bit.

Feel like Formenton with the sens as well, but wait and see who the 5 players are.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
Everyone on here acting like Blake’s job is on the line crack me up. Unfortunately for us King fans his boss is his buddy Luc and the only way he would fire his buddy is if ownership told Luc to make the change or he would be fired. Hope I’m wrong but it’s a clear setup of good ol boys.
Or Luc and Blake along with McClellen are giving the boot at the same time. Phil cleans house and instills a change in direction.

Reactions: go4hockey

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
It sounds like Ranford and others were in Buffalo last night. Is it for an old goalie in Gibson or a young one in UPL? We can't afford Gibson and I would think they would have scouted Buff earlier before acquiring Portillo . I would love UPL, see a lot of upside.

UPL for Spence and Rittich? Does Kaliyev get added? Would Buff crave an extended Roy. I really would not want to loose Roy's stability.

Before I get to carried away we play Buffalo tonight. It could be a nothing burger and just advanced scouting for an opponent.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
*1920s newspaper salesman voice*

Dubois for sale.

Get your Dubois.

Reactions: YP44

thegilz

Apr 16, 2023
The only way Clarke, Spence or QB get traded is if the other team also take on PLD's contract (LA will obtain a small percentage of the contract). Otherwise you won't be getting any of them.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad