Value of: Price Check on Kings pieces

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Blake is the GM. If PLD were from Calgary or Bergeron were from Boston nobody is trying to make this claim.

Just like with the completely debunked "Faber didn't want to sign in LA" nonsense, it's an excuse that is thrown around mostly to try and deflect blame from the worst GM the Kings have had in decades, if not ever.

I thought Blake had been overrated in the past, but any look at the list of Kings GMs and Blake's record as GM makes that claim seem... melodramatic. You guys had a GM nicknamed McMaster the Disaster.

Reactions: go4hockey

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Turcotte would be a good project for MTL.
Maybe some of our Defense prospect could be of interest for LA

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I thought Blake had been overrated in the past, but any look at the list of Kings GMs and Blake's record as GM makes that claim seem... melodramatic. You guys had a GM nicknamed McMaster the Disaster.
Blake is the worst GM in kings history, bar none.

McMaster had and owner that couldn’t make payroll.

Blake inherited a team with a “core” that could have easily been sold off to rebuild the team when it was painfully obvious it needed to happen after 2017. Instead he kept those guys and has sold off nearly every prospect and pick he’s had to support the corpses of the guys he should have gotten rid of in the first place, and won NOT A DAM THING in the process. Not a single playoff round win in 7 years despite starting with every advantage.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kings are dead in the water, and I fully expect Rob Blake to pull a Dave Taylor and empty the cupboard to save his and TM's jobs before it's too late.

Knowing full well every GM in the league will be throwing him an anchor not a life vest, I'm just curious what he could even try to get for basically anyone under 25. Have to assume regular roster players are off the table, so the only 'untouchable' under 25 would be Byfield. Assume roster vets are a no go--no Danault, Kopitar, Kempe, Fiala etc.

I FULLY expect the following to get dealt:
-one of Clarke, Spence
-Turcotte, Fagemo
-2024 1st
-2025 1st, 2nd

I wouldn't be surprised to see the following go:
-Kaliyev
-Moverare

I doubt the following are moved, but possible in a 'hockey trade' (keep in mind Blake isn't interested in futures):
-Roy
-Arvidsson

Additional parts that could go
2024 4th round and later
2025 picks
Chromiak, Madden, Thomas, Moverare, Pinelli...lots of European prospects like Kirsanov, Simontaival, etc...basically any prospect.

Yes, we know they're all depreciated assets because of the Kings' development. Kings are probably looking for a 3C now that they've white flagged PLD and moved him to wing, possibly a goaltending upgrade (not a sidegrade like Jake Allen).

Again this isn't at all what I would do--just working on the expectations of Blake/TM that the Kings are an all-in contender and trying to see what they might do around the league, i.e. what centers/depth players are available (Blake usually likes to jump the deadline).

Current Kings lineup:

PLD-Kopitar-Kempe
Moore-Danault-Fiala
Kaliyev-Byfield-Laferriere
Grundstrom-AndersonDolan-Lewis

Lizotte, Arvidsson injured

Doughty-Anderson
Gavrikov-Roy
Englund-Spence
Clarke

Talbot
Rittich
Copley (deceased)
1. Just to be clear here...
If you want a longer window, you don't deal Byfield

Howev, if you want better chance for the next 4-5 yrs
with 2 yrs guaranteed and reasonable ground floor hance to extend et another 3-4 further years from Vez quality G Igor Shesterkin, then you do something around

Shesty at half
for
Byfield

works for LA b'c
big upgrade in net, secondary G assets may be moveable for other help

works for NY b'c
gives them Kreider - By - Zib as a line

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

with 2 yrs guaranteed and reasonable ground floor hance to extend et another 3-4 further years from Vez quality G Igor Shesterkin, then you do something around

Shesty at half
for
Byfield

works for LA b'c

works for NY b'c
Bern, Kings really do not need your help.

You can keep Shesterkin for good of your team.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Clarke is really the only piece i see listed there that's going to move the needle for anyone. Some of the "pieces" listed are literal waiver fodder. Guys who haven't even been claimed for free. That's not going to do much for your roster in dealing them.

Arvidsson would be interesting in a hockey trade potentially, but i'm not sure about his health and at the end of the day...who is going to be swapping a W for a C? That's not typically the sort of "hockey trade" teams like to make toward the deadline. And if it's just swapping a Wing for a Wing...it's like trading a drumette for a flat, but is Arvidsson not already an appealing winger for the Kings situation anyway? Given proven chemistry and fit?

Roy would also definitely draw interest, but it's the same problem. What sort of "hockey trade" are you making with him that really makes an impact and improves things at all?

Reactions: Nowotny

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Clarke + Arvy for Chychrun + Pinto + Kubalik? Not a fan of either team.

Byfield-Kopitar-Kempe
Moore-Danault-Fiala
Pinto-PLD-Kubalik
Kaliev-AndersonDolan-Laferriere

Chychrun - Doughty
Gavrikov-Anderson
Spence-Roy

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Kings are dead in the water, and I fully expect Rob Blake to pull a Dave Taylor and empty the cupboard to save his and TM's jobs before it's too late.

Knowing full well every GM in the league will be throwing him an anchor not a life vest, I'm just curious what he could even try to get for basically anyone under 25. Have to assume regular roster players are off the table, so the only 'untouchable' under 25 would be Byfield. Assume roster vets are a no go--no Danault, Kopitar, Kempe, Fiala etc.

I FULLY expect the following to get dealt:
-one of Clarke, Spence
-Turcotte, Fagemo
-2024 1st
-2025 1st, 2nd

I wouldn't be surprised to see the following go:
-Kaliyev
-Moverare

I doubt the following are moved, but possible in a 'hockey trade' (keep in mind Blake isn't interested in futures):
-Roy
-Arvidsson

Additional parts that could go
2024 4th round and later
2025 picks
Chromiak, Madden, Thomas, Moverare, Pinelli...lots of European prospects like Kirsanov, Simontaival, etc...basically any prospect.

Yes, we know they're all depreciated assets because of the Kings' development. Kings are probably looking for a 3C now that they've white flagged PLD and moved him to wing, possibly a goaltending upgrade (not a sidegrade like Jake Allen).

Again this isn't at all what I would do--just working on the expectations of Blake/TM that the Kings are an all-in contender and trying to see what they might do around the league, i.e. what centers/depth players are available (Blake usually likes to jump the deadline).

Current Kings lineup:

PLD-Kopitar-Kempe
Moore-Danault-Fiala
Kaliyev-Byfield-Laferriere

Lizotte, Arvidsson injured

Doughty-Anderson
Gavrikov-Roy
Englund-Spence
Clarke

Talbot
Rittich
Copley (deceased)
Clarke should be a part of the future. Would be shocked to see them trade him.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Spence-yes, Clarke-no

The problem with this is, Clarke is a guy that would really move the needle for a lot of teams. Spence is not, at all.

Even with Spence demonstrating that he can play effectively enough in sheltered small minutes role behind two better RHD at the NHL level...he's still an absolutely tiny, questionable piece overall. That's just the perception that guys like him have to overcome, and he hasn't shown enough as yet to completely prove that he's going to be more than a 3rd pairing munchkin who can play a bit of PP. Just not the profile of a guy that teams will go out of their way to make moves for and acquire. More of a "throw-in" or realistically, the sort of player who is probably worth more to the team that has them, if they actually believe in their upside as a diminutive Top-4D down the line.

Whereas Clarke obviously holds a lot more "value" league wide. Like a true chasm in perceived value leaguewide. The sort of piece that actually could bring back an impact player in return.

Now, especially with Doughty getting up there in years...i wouldn't blame the Kings for just holding onto Clarke as the heir apparent. That's what i'd want to do.

But i think that speaks to the differing levels of confidence between Clarke and Spence truly becoming Top-4 RHD fixtures for the future. Which is reflected in the way other teams would value the two as well. Spence is more "expendable" because there's a lot less confidence in him filling Doughty's shoes. Other teams see it the same and value the two as wildly different, accordingly.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Clarke + Arvy for Chychrun + Pinto + Kubalik? Not a fan of either team.

Byfield-Kopitar-Kempe
Moore-Danault-Fiala
Pinto-PLD-Kubalik
Kaliev-AndersonDolan-Laferriere

Chychrun - Doughty
Gavrikov-Anderson
Spence-Roy
I think LA wanted Chych last year and I think Blake might gun for him again with his job potentially on the line with the Kings crashing as of late after a crazy hot start.

I just don't know why so many people are under the impression that Pinto is available, there's been plenty of quotes from the sens FO that Pinto is a part of the core. He's clearly not their issue and don't see why they would move him.

I think there's a bigger trade to be made here though.

:kings
Chychrun (UFA 2025) @ $4.6M
Tarasenko (UFA 2024)@ $1.25M (OTT 50%, CHI 25%)

:sens
Roy (UFA 2024) @ $3.15M
Kaliyev (RFA 2024) @ $895k
Lizotte (UFA 2024) @ $1.675M
2024 1st (LAK)

:hawks
2024 TBL 4th (from OTT) - for retaining $1.25M on Tarasenko

Breakdown would be Roy (extended)+Kaliyev for Chychrun and 1st+Lizotte for Tarasenko @ 1.25M.

Blackhawks help make this work cap-wise for LAK.

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I think LA wanted Chych last year and I think Blake might gun for him again with his job potentially on the line with the Kings crashing as of late after a crazy hot start.

I just don't know why so many people are under the impression that Pinto is available, there's been plenty of quotes from the sens FO that Pinto is a part of the core. He's clearly not their issue and don't see why they would move him.

Roy (UFA 2024) @ $3.15M
2024 1st (LAK)

Breakdown would be Roy (extended)+Kaliyev for Chychrun and 1st+Lizotte for Tarasenko @ 1.25M.

Tarasenko may be just what they need to get PLD going, he's always been at his best with that kind of player on his wing

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

Roy (UFA 2024) @ $3.15M
2024 1st (LAK)

I think that ship sailed on the Kings being after Chychrun, when they pivoted and went after Gavrikov instead. Their LHD situation is pretty sorted now with Mikey and Gavrikov. I don't see them going out of their way to add another LHD at big cost.

I also don't really like this from an Ottawa perspective of...gambling on an impending UFA in Roy. Yes, he's more or less what the Sens need, but there's no reason to believe he'd be inclined to immediately just lock up with a team that's floundering right now. He's got no reason not to test the market and see what he can get. So making that a key part of the return is just asking for another bust of a trade for the Sens where they're ultimately left with next to nothing. Just throwing assets away for short term holdings like they did with Duchene et al.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
If only you could trade with the Jets for two younger players to help you, Vilardi, Gabriel and Iafallo, Alex. But I jest, sorry ....had to. Now to make myself sick to my Stomache. There has been smoke, lots and lots of smoke about Petey wanting a less crazy market.. a la Johnny Gaudreu. And if if if this is true then maybe get the best vaule for him, cause we are not getting another #1 Center out of this.. so here goes. This move will save Blakes job and let us get back to being competitive in next year or so and keep both fan bases happy.

Vancouver :

I FULLY expect the following to get :
- Spence
-Turcotte
-2024 1st
-2025 1st
-Byfield

LA

-PETTERSSON
- hunter brzustewicz (for spence)

Then you have

PLD-PETTERSSON-Kempe
Moore-Danault-Fiala
Kaliyev-Kopitar-Laferriere

I know this will get bombed but I think it works, and only now before Petey drops the hammer !
I do that as a Vancouver fan if it has Clarke and that is the only way I consider it. You can keep Turcotte (or not expect it to add any value). Also not sure why you want us to add a good RHD prospect as part of trading our franchise Center.

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley
I do that as a Vancouver fan if it has Clarke and that is the only way I consider it. You can keep Turcotte (or not expect it to add any value). Also not sure why you want us to add a good RHD prospect as part of trading our franchise Center.

Yes, actually I got Clark and Spence mixed up when I wrote this peice, I wanted the large RHD and not the 5'11 RHD. DOH.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

Shesty at half
for
Byfield

works for LA b'c

works for NY b'c
uhmm.. ok

We have an All Star goalie but trade for another goalie for no purpose at all.
All that for the low price of Byfield right after his breakout season.

We have this discussion since years.
Byfield is not available at all, especially not without over payment or for garbage.

Can you do me a big favor and stay away from Byfield trade offers for a couple of month or ever?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
If Blake is going to save himself and save the season. What are the most glaring weaknesses to make this team a contender again?

Kings have pieces that would be of interest to many teams. But what do they want back for the current roster?

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Is there any players that interest you in a hockey trade w/ Colorado and denault

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
If Blake is going to save himself and save the season. What are the most glaring weaknesses to make this team a contender again?

Kings have pieces that would be of interest to many teams. But what do they want back for the current roster?
Kings position of need are talented young goalies and not old really physical players for their fourth line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad