Value of: Price Check on Kings pieces

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Kings are dead in the water, and I fully expect Rob Blake to pull a Dave Taylor and empty the cupboard to save his and TM's jobs before it's too late.

Knowing full well every GM in the league will be throwing him an anchor not a life vest, I'm just curious what he could even try to get for basically anyone under 25. Have to assume regular roster players are off the table, so the only 'untouchable' under 25 would be Byfield. Assume roster vets are a no go--no Danault, Kopitar, Kempe, Fiala etc.

I FULLY expect the following to get dealt:
-one of Clarke, Spence
-Turcotte, Fagemo
-2024 1st
-2025 1st, 2nd

I wouldn't be surprised to see the following go:
-Kaliyev
-Moverare

I doubt the following are moved, but possible in a 'hockey trade' (keep in mind Blake isn't interested in futures):
-Roy
-Arvidsson

Additional parts that could go
2024 4th round and later
2025 picks
Chromiak, Madden, Thomas, Moverare, Pinelli...lots of European prospects like Kirsanov, Simontaival, etc...basically any prospect.

Yes, we know they're all depreciated assets because of the Kings' development. Kings are probably looking for a 3C now that they've white flagged PLD and moved him to wing, possibly a goaltending upgrade (not a sidegrade like Jake Allen).

Again this isn't at all what I would do--just working on the expectations of Blake/TM that the Kings are an all-in contender and trying to see what they might do around the league, i.e. what centers/depth players are available (Blake usually likes to jump the deadline).

Current Kings lineup:

PLD-Kopitar-Kempe
Moore-Danault-Fiala
Kaliyev-Byfield-Laferriere
Grundstrom-AndersonDolan-Lewis

Lizotte, Arvidsson injured

Doughty-Anderson
Gavrikov-Roy
Englund-Spence
Clarke

Talbot
Rittich
Copley (deceased)

Last edited:
Reactions: banks and hn777

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I think Turcotte's value has tanked. He's a proven bust IMO.

Brandt Clarke will have a ton of value. 1st + 2nd + good prospect.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
What would Englund cost?

Canucks could use the size, fighting and hitting on the back end

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I believe that's the OP's point. The team looks bad, but the GM will refuse to give up and will add. OP clearly said the regular roster players are staying, and that the young guys and picks are on the table to add.
Yeah, but when he mentioned "go nuclear", I think many will see it as "blowing it all up" rather than "doubling down and acquiring immediate help to save management's jobs"

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
how is kaliyev developing?

his willingness to play d
his boardplay
would he look good next to a stutzle?

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Yeah, but when he mentioned "go nuclear", I think many will see it as "blowing it all up" rather than "doubling down and acquiring immediate help to save management's jobs"

It's true. And saying "discount" in the thread title is misleading, too. It suggests you're selling, not buying. But still, the OP was clear. He's asking what the Kings can add for their futures.

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley
If only you could trade with the Jets for two younger players to help you, Vilardi, Gabriel and Iafallo, Alex. But I jest, sorry ....had to. Now to make myself sick to my Stomache. There has been smoke, lots and lots of smoke about Petey wanting a less crazy market.. a la Johnny Gaudreu. And if if if this is true then maybe get the best vaule for him, cause we are not getting another #1 Center out of this.. so here goes. This move will save Blakes job and let us get back to being competitive in next year or so and keep both fan bases happy.

Vancouver :

I FULLY expect the following to get :
- Spence
-Turcotte
-2024 1st
-2025 1st
-Byfield

LA

-PETTERSSON
- hunter brzustewicz (for spence)

Then you have

PLD-PETTERSSON-Kempe
Moore-Danault-Fiala
Kaliyev-Kopitar-Laferriere

I know this will get bombed but I think it works, and only now before Petey drops the hammer !

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Kings are dead in the water, and I fully expect Rob Blake to pull a Dave Taylor and go nuclear to save his and TM's jobs before it's too late.

Knowing full well every GM in the league will be throwing him an anchor not a life vest, I'm just curious what he could even try to get for basically anyone under 25. Have to assume regular roster players are off the table, so the only 'untouchable' under 25 would be Byfield. Assume roster vets are a no go--no Danault, Kopitar, Kempe, Fiala etc.

I FULLY expect the following to get dealt:
-one of Clarke, Spence
-Turcotte, Fagemo
-2024 1st
-2025 1st, 2nd

i don’t see either Clarke/ Spence moved unless this become a board crashed block buster trade .

Roy is a UFA to be. Is he getting resigned.

Turcotte has little value. Type of player you do a change of scenery with similar age players

what's kings cap situation? That affects trades.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the following go:
-Kaliyev
-Moverare

I doubt the following are moved, but possible in a 'hockey trade' (keep in mind Blake isn't interested in futures):
-Roy
-Arvidsson

Additional parts that could go
2024 4th round and later
2025 picks
Chromiak, Madden, Thomas, Moverare, Pinelli...lots of European prospects like Kirsanov, Simontaival, etc...basically any prospect.

Yes, we know they're all depreciated assets because of the Kings' development. Kings are probably looking for a 3C now that they've white flagged PLD and moved him to wing, possibly a goaltending upgrade (not a sidegrade like Jake Allen).

Again this isn't at all what I would do--just working on the expectations of Blake/TM that the Kings are an all-in contender and trying to see what they might do around the league, i.e. what centers/depth players are available (Blake usually likes to jump the deadline).

Current Kings lineup:

PLD-Kopitar-Kempe
Moore-Danault-Fiala
Kaliyev-Byfield-Laferriere

Lizotte, Arvidsson injured

Doughty-Anderson
Gavrikov-Roy
Englund-Spence
Clarke

Talbot
Rittich
Copley (deceased)

kings don’t have many special things in their prospect pool.

they traded their recent 1st for current players.

PLD trade hurt them?

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Changed thread title and first lines of OP to prevent semantic arguments from people who read one line only

how is kaliyev developing?

his willingness to play d
his boardplay
would he look good next to a stutzle?

He's developed really well, his problem like everyone else is usage

He'll never be a great two-way guy by any means but his skating is night and day and he's a load of a guy on the boards

I think he'd be excellent next to TS, he's fantastic when he's with Danault/Moore, you obviously don't want him carrying the puck thru the neutral zone much but in the ozone he's deadly. But McLellan has no clue what to do with him so he's most often just benched.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Bertuzzi + for Roy from toronto

Roy is an interesting one because I don't think they'd move him and I'm inclined to believe they want to re-sign him, hence why I think one of Spence/Clarke is gone

but if he were on the move i could see it being for exactly something like that

note re: spence/Clarke is I just think they completely don't like Clarke. They called him up and didn't give him one ozone start and promptly benched him again. This is after sending him to the AHL to not play at all for over a month after he started the season one of the NHL squad's best dmen until they tried to use him to solve the LHD problem. I think they see him as the high value trade chip to solve all their problems. Naturally, I disagree. But this is why I think they're trying to kkeep roy and move one of those two and Spence is more ready/polished.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Man I hope Clarke is available, would love to have him on the Sens

I've been half-joking on our forum since early this season that the quintessential rob blake deadline trade this year will be spence/clarke, fagemo/turcotte, 1st, 2nd for some 3C to cover for the PLD trade

Imagine they would chase Pinto or something in that case

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
we have no cop room to bring on any good players, as most upgrades Blake would want would come attached to a bigger contract.

Two players, I would like to see him take a run at that would not cost much contract wise would be Seeler out of Philadelphia and Vejmelka out of Arizona.

If it Hass to be a blockbuster type trade, I would try and get Crouse and Vejmelka from Arizona and add something very nice to Dubois, to get it done. At this point, I would even include our first round draft pick and Spence that probably wouldn’t be enough. You could only pray that Arizona coveted PLD for his size and thought they could fix him

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Kaliyev definitely seems like the type of player Hughes would target, lots of upside but not necessarily fitting in with his team. Don't know what would interest the Kings from Montreal in a deal like that though

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I would love for the Wild to go after one of Roy or Spence, but finding a return piece is difficult. Freddy Gaudreau immediately pops to mind as he was Fiala’s security blanket, and he has value to the Kings IMO due to his cheap and long contract and ability to play up and down the lineup.

Freddy would have to agree to waive his NTC however in year 1 of his deal. With Dean Evason out though, maybe he is more open to moving around. He has had a rough start production wise, had a upper body playoff injury that was reaggravated on a targeted hit from his former teammate Reaves but the defensive play and stick work are still more than enough to make him useful even below 100% and then you have 4 more years.

I don’t think picks and prospects would be the main piece LA is looking for but the Wild do have some supplementary pieces there too.

Duhaime or Dewar would be other player for player options but their value is significantly less from a contract and control perspective.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Kaliyev definitely seems like the type of player Hughes would target, lots of upside but not necessarily fitting in with his team. Don't know what would interest the Kings from Montreal in a deal like that though
I agree, Kaliyev is a very interesting player. What would the Kings want from the Habs? Have can offer a young LHD like Struble in return +?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad