GDT: prey@note

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

griff713

Mar 25, 2014
Rockland County NY
Porter on the third line scares me a little as well. We don't know if Berglund is going to score anytime soon, but the speed of MPS would certainly help.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
That really says a lot about Magnus, at least in the coaches eyes. Can't say I really blame them. Porter at least forechecks like a mad man and create somewhat of a spark. Paajarvi doesn't use his size or offensive potential at all.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
That really says a lot about Magnus, at least in the coaches eyes. Can't say I really blame them. Porter at least forechecks like a mad man and create somewhat of a spark. Paajarvi doesn't use his size or offensive potential at all.

Exactly. This should be his shot to prove he can cut it in even a third line role, and the coaches are choosing a career 4th liner instead. I am thinking he will have a nice career as a 2nd line player in the SHL.

Apr 28, 2013
St. Louis

It still amazes me that he went top ten. Since he's been with us I cannot remember a single moment or flash of potential that gave me a glimpse into why he was a top pick.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
It still amazes me that he went top ten. Since he's been with us I cannot remember a single moment or flash of potential that gave me a glimpse into why he was a top pick.

He actually fell a bit in that draft too. He was expected to go to 4-8.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah agreed. He had to have had offensive skill then... I just haven't seen it.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
He actually fell a bit in that draft too. He was expected to go to 4-8.

I never understood his rank. I think people fell in love with his size and speed. He was able to use that against kids but not against pros. His WJC was very impressive and that allowed scouts to weight his potential heavier then the actual translation of his potential. He was a well rounded player and coachable, which further distorted the assessment.

He never had the IQ or skill for the above to make the difference up between his potential and draft position.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Celtic was pretty spot on. He had a lot of physical attributes that allowed him to dominate against kids his own age, but none of the smarts or IQ to allow his offense to make the transition to the game against NHLers.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010

Have you not seen his wrap arounds? :naughty:

If he could complete those, it'd be clearer. Although, as others have noted, he isn't using his speed, size, or offensive skills appropriately so far. Lots of tools, small tool belt scenario. He just doesn't appear to be able to bring it all together.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Have you not seen his wrap arounds? :naughty:

If he could complete those, it'd be clearer. Although, as others have noted, he isn't using his speed, size, or offensive skills appropriately so far. Lots of tools, small tool belt scenario. He just doesn't appear to be able to bring it all together.

I had this amusing yet likely to be deleted reply all typed out in response to this post. After hitting reply it became much less topical.
Due to the size of the screen I'm using right now my monitor managed to cut off the word "belt"

Shame, anyone who read the reply before it was inevitable deleted would have had their happiness guaranteed for the remainder of the day.

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
Rinne is the only reason the Preds are where they are at.

I'd take Tarasenko vs Rinne though any day.

4-2 good guys.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Rinne is a huge reason they're playing so well, but he's not the only one. Laviolette has done a lot of good for them. They've opened up a bit and it's helped the offense. Forsberg is playing fantastic for them so far.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Rinne is the only reason the Preds are where they are at.

I'd take Tarasenko vs Rinne though any day.

4-2 good guys.

Forsberg is having a good start as well to be fair. Can't believe Washington made that trade. Absolutely terrible.

Old Blueser

Jan 28, 2012
I thought Porter and Berglund played some good possession shifts the couple games they were paired, so maybe it's more a going with what worked, rather than a dis on MPS. Of course, MPS hasn't excelled anywhere either

rivoshy 1774

Oct 9, 2013
ontario, Can
Steen-Stastny-Backes
Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko
Porter-Berglund-Lindstrom
Ott-Lapierre-Reaves

Bouwmeester-Pietrangelo
Gunnarsson-Shattenkirk
Jackman-Cole

Elliott

I'd rather have Paajarvi in there over Porter, especially on the third line. Despite the (often deserved criticism), Paajarvi is more dangerous offensively than Porter.

Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad