GDT: Preseason gm #7 Flames @ Jets 6:00 pm on CalgaryFlames.com

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
First impressions is that Weegar-Tanev don’t really vibe together which kinda surprises.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Huberdeau - Kadri - Lindholm looking better and better
Backlund will get ton of ice time anyway, his line may as well be called second line
Ruzicka 3C
Rooney 4C

Reactions: Tofveve

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
The defensepairings should be this at the beginning:

Hanifin-Andersson
Weegar-Tanev
Zadorov-Stone

Once Kylington comes back:
Hanifin-Andersson
Kylington-Tanev
Zadorov-Weegar

Funny enough Weegar has played the best with Zadorov.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Ouch
1665025516968.png

Reactions: hn777

Rubi

Photographer
Jan 9, 2009
We need to get rid of Toffoli. He was the only problem out there. That 5-0 embarrassment is all his fault.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Good news is that Ruzicka won 8 of 11 face-offs for a 72.7 winning percentage. Pee-wee Zohorna played a mistake free 10:17 with one shot and one hit. Wasn't the greatest performance, but then again he didn't arrive in Winnipeg until 2 a.m. and had his first morning skate to meet the guys.

That sound you hear is the door slamming on Eakin and Milano.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Good news is that Ruzicka won 8 of 11 face-offs for a 72.7 winning percentage. Pee-wee Zohorna played a mistake free 10:17 with one shot and one hit. Wasn't the greatest performance, but then again he didn't arrive in Winnipeg until 2 a.m. and had his first morning skate to meet the guys.

That sound you hear is the door slamming on Eakin and Milano.

Those two while on the ice outshot the Jets 8-0 at five on five last night as well. Not a bad outing.

Reactions: Nanuuk

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Question - Is Milan Lucic still able to contribute effectively at the NHL level?

After a hot three month start last season - he has 2 goals, 10 points and is a -10 in his last 64 games, and to my eyes has arguably been the worst "regular" Flame at camp. At this point I don't think he has earned being in the lineup every night.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
We'll be fine. We open the season with 9 of our first 10 at home, so plenty of time to get our feet sorted without any travel. It's not like the Gulutzan era where we would wake up and things would come together in February.

I do think and hope we see a trade by the end of November. Toffoli is a terrible idea for topline RW.

Vegas is taking the division this year, though. They're going to come into the season with a chip on their shoulder led by a top coach in the league

Reactions: Tofveve

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Question - Is Milan Lucic still able to contribute effectively at the NHL level?

After a hot three month start last season - he has 2 goals, 10 points and is a -10 in his last 64 games, and to my eyes has arguably been the worst "regular" Flame at camp. At this point I don't think he has earned being in the lineup every night.
What makes you think that is how it works?

The NHL isn't a meritocracy, especially with guaranteed contracts. Besides a few lucky five-hole goals he was bad most of last season. He was actually decent the season before that, but I'm almost certain this is his last season as a regular NHLer.

Backlund

Dec 29, 2009
Calgary, AB

I think we'll start to see him get healthy scratched this season. Darryl likes him but we need the younger guys to start to push him out of the lineup.

Rubi

Photographer
Jan 9, 2009
I wonder how bad the move to Columbus will look in a couple of months.
Nah... he got his retirement money. He's now living in the USA and closer to mom & dad. The new wife is happy. And I think winning a cup isn't that high on his must do list. I think it will probably look pretty good to Johnny.

I wonder how bad the loss of Gaudreau will look in a couple of months.
Gaudreau who?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad