GDT: Preseason games 2024-25

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Some answers to some questions

The games in Quebec aren't on Bally. Tonight's game was filmed and broadcast by TVA a local channel in Quebec.

We streamed the video from TVA with the audio from ESPNLA (Nick and Daryl calling the game)

KCAL+ ALSO streamed the game

There was a pregame ceremony for Patrice Bergeron who retired in 2023 and is from a suburb of Quebec City.

The ceremony was in French and the decision was made not to air it with Nick and Daryl talking over it about the Kings and the preseason.

That's why you saw those cartoons because that's what KCAL+ was airing. That's why you saw adds for KCAL and CBS during the breaks.

While I wish we had communicated those facts before the broadcast... the bear commercials were not a mistake or a sign of things going wrong they were in fact evidence of multiple things going totally right.

Any other questions or insults I'm happy to answer or ignore...

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
It wasn’t the head, the hit was knee on knee which would have been pretty bad
Viel went after his head with the elbow.. Turcotte barely ducked out of the way.. Hard to screencap it, but it was this angle you can see it

1728014765647.png

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I think it's debatable whether or not you should concentrate your top talent on one line or spread it out.

I don't see how anyone can definitively say one approach is better than the other.

Maybe some analytics dork can figure out which method is more efficient.

What the helicopter pad?

Way deeper if you spread it out and better if the new line becomes the #1 and the others bump down to 2nd and 3rd

You can put the top guys together when you need a goal ala Edmonton, or if things aren't working, then put them together.

The two other lines have intimate pairs already.

Been saying this for a couple months.

FloPan will be a lot tougher and its a long season, so we will see.

But today was an example of what I see as the best possible lines scenario,

aside from the 4th line auditions.

🚎◀️▶️🚌:lol:

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Was the 1-3-1 always the biggest issue…

YES

It was the absolute dumbest system for this set of personnel

It never made any sense from the moment they set it up

What I like best about Byfield's hat trick is it came in different ways. A 2-on-1, a rebound, and a chip/net attack.

So what you're saying is

he only scores on the rush

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I like how Byfield "stopped" on that 2 on 1 to create some space between he and the defender making it easier for Fiala to pass the puck.

The defensemen was expecting QB to skate past him, that's why he started turning around thinking the pass was going to be behind him.

Byfield has good hockey sense and always makes these smart little plays. And now he's playing with both confidence and health on his side.

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
MAN, our new uniforms look f***in ACE. Now we easily have one of the best jerseys in the league (I'm biased), especially with the black away scheme. Please never change that design ever again.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
MAN, our new uniforms look f***in ACE. Now we easily have one of the best jerseys in the league (I'm biased), especially with the black away scheme. Please never change that design ever again.
Whites, if they’re going to stick with these colors, should always be the home jerseys in my opinion.

Reactions: LeftKinger

shuchukfan

Mar 11, 2015
OC
I like how Byfield "stopped" on that 2 on 1 to create some space between he and the defender making it easier for Fiala to pass the puck.

The defensemen was expecting QB to skate past him, that's why he started turning around thinking the pass was going to be behind him.

Byfield has good hockey sense and always makes these smart little plays. And now he's playing with both confidence and health on his side.
I was going to make the same comment, so I'm glad I read the thread before posting.

• Love
Reactions: Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Viel and Jeannot were going at it all game.

Zadorov took a few runs at Kings also and Jeannot was all over him a few times also. Finishing hits on him and battling.

You can see Burroughs and Jeanott have their eye on everything that’s going on. Love seeing this.

Byfield is a monster this pre season.
You went right?

How was the crowd? Were there many kings fans?
Was most of the Quebec crowd rooting for the Kings over the B's?

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I definitely underestimated Jeannot's presence.

Seems like he's more engaged now with more icetime. Still handles the puck like a brick but that's not his job. Plus he's fighting for a contract so we'll get his best version even if he's gone next year...or Blake signs him 8x8. Whichever.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Hold on. I had read several people who said he had no hockey sense at all! Are you telling me that watching a 5 minute video on YouTube from an amateur hockey scout and then forming my opinion based on what they say might not be a true representation of a players ability? Since when?

Byfield's issue from the start was his reluctancy to drive the play and be the guy. Somewhere last season he decided to not be that guy anymore. Hoping he keeps it up for the next several years.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Hold on. I had read several people who said he had no hockey sense at all! Are you telling me that watching a 5 minute video on YouTube from an amateur hockey scout and then forming my opinion based on what they say might not be a true representation of a players ability? Since when?

Byfield's issue from the start was his reluctancy to drive the play and be the guy. Somewhere last season he decided to not be that guy anymore. Hoping he keeps it up for the next several years.
Not to mention "he only scored off the rush."

Wish I remembered who some of the loudest were with that criticism

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad