GDT: Preseason Game 8, Oilers at Canucks in the final (thank God) beer leager. Sportsnet 8 PM

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Strangely that was also me yelling at my tv at exact moment. haha. lol.

I've always been surprised at some peeps who have thrown shade at McDavid's character, leadership or other things like perceived meddling in management decisions. Guy burns with the intensity of a thousand suns with a singular purpose to win a team sport.

What I saw from McDavid is he is not a quitter. He doesn't give up easy. And he doesn't accept no as an answer. He's willing to fight to the end. I really think this is the year we do it. He wants redemption. The guys want redemption.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Its always kind of funny how preseason goes. First prospects games and split squad games and thousands of posts. Then we get to 8th game, full lineups, on TV, and hardly anybody even talking about the game and barely page 2 for a Friday game. You just never know here when the discussion starts and stops. I log on sometimes and people have been talking continuously. I think there were hardly any posts since last night.

McDavid showing some emotion..

Big bully! ;)

Not gonna watch. I can get this from my wife when she figures I'm going through the motions. "Dig the f*** in"

ohhhhhhh

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
From the Canucks forum:

"Regardless of results , thanks goodness I don't have to live in a shithole like Edmonton"

My response:

"Regardless of results, thank goodness I go home to a house I OWN and not RENT"

Every single time with them. The default line of attack typically never has anything to do with hockey. As floods of Vancouverites are moving west so they don't have to pay $2M to live in a drug infested ghetto.

They're throwing these stones posting from the comfort of their parent's basement that they were fortunate enough to have purchased in the 80's I'm sure.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Every single time with them. The default line of attack typically never has anything to do with hockey. As floods of Vancouverites are moving west so they don't have to pay $2M to live in a drug infested ghetto.

They're throwing these stones posting from the comfort of their parent's basement that they were fortunate enough to have purchased in the 80's I'm sure.
Somebody nailed it. ps Surrey is a shithole.

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Ain't that the truth. Talked to tons of families from BC who moved here recently and they are all like "Damn glad to be out of BC poverty. Now I actually can start having a REAL life".
They had a very quick tiny earthquake today as well. One of a few the last 10 years.

Just a massively snobby fanbase. 95% of them do not even live in "Vancouver". I still remember how snobby all of my friends were during the Naslund years then the Sedin years.

These Fairweather fans would maybe fill the building half way if they did a rebuild

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
From the Canucks forum:

"Regardless of results , thanks goodness I don't have to live in a shithole like Edmonton"

My response:

"Regardless of results, thank goodness I go home to a house I OWN and not RENT"
This is another gem from him last year.

“ If Tocchet even vaguely understood the concept of load management, Cole isn't a complete disgrace in the 2nd round and Demko is a healthy starter throughout the playoffs. What a massive wasted opportunity”

The best part is they all believe this.

mcdingdong

Mar 21, 2019
This is another gem from him last year.

“ If Tocchet even vaguely understood the concept of load management, Cole isn't a complete disgrace in the 2nd round and Demko is a healthy starter throughout the playoffs. What a massive wasted opportunity”

The best part is they all believe this.
Some of the opinions over there are crazy for sure. Imagine believing that instead of recognizing your $11M forward and MVP/Norris level dman completely ghost the entire series because they get run out of the rink.

Reactions: Senor Catface

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Some of the opinions over there are crazy for sure. Imagine believing that instead of recognizing your $11M forward and MVP/Norris level dman completely ghost the entire series because they get run out of the rink.

That is a difficult reality to face though. Your $11M "star" forward showing as a mopey bitch, and your "best d man in the NHL" getting pushed out of a series is a tough reality to face, so "BUT THE GOALIE WAS HURT!!" is a nice convenient fallback to help themselves sleep at night.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Canucks projected lines

Heinen. Miller. Boeser.
DeBrusk. Pettersson. Sprong.
Höglander. Räty. Garland.
Bains. Blueger. Sherwood.
Åman.

Hughes. Hronek.
Soucy. Myers.
Forbort. Desharnais.
Friedman. Juulsen.

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Canucks projected lines

Heinen. Miller. Boeser.
Åman.

Hughes. Hronek.
Soucy. Myers.
Forbort. Desharnais.
Friedman. Juulsen.
Heinen and Sprong in the top 6?

Woof

Just no injuries from that tall giraffe motherf**** Myers, etc

Reactions: Duke74

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
That is a difficult reality to face though. Your $11M "star" forward showing as a mopey bitch, and your "best d man in the NHL" getting pushed out of a series is a tough reality to face, so "BUT THE GOALIE WAS HURT!!" is a nice convenient fallback to help themselves sleep at night.
LETS GO PETEY should be our rallying cry and response to any Canucks trolling here

Canucks projected lines

Heinen. Miller. Boeser.
Åman.

Hughes. Hronek.
Soucy. Myers.
Forbort. Desharnais.
Friedman. Juulsen.
Wasn’t bains sent down?

That line up looks like an early preseason line up

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
LETS GO PETEY should be our rallying cry and response to any Canucks trolling here

Wasn’t bains sent down?

That line up looks like an early preseason line up

"Let's go Petey" is the most embarrassing thing I think I've ever heard chanted at a pro sporting event.

It was like they were cheering for Rudy, except in this case he is purportedly their best player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad