GDT: Preseason Game 7, Oilers at Kraken beer leager. Oilers + 8 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Anyone still worried about Rodrigue clearing waivers?

Oil have a solid period with strong territorial play. Poor goaltending. Aided by Kulak chasing out of position followed by a weak Brown effort with a puck that should be stopped.

Really like Dermott's game tonight. Puck transportation, jumping into o-zone soft ice. Arvy with a real solid game.

Very quiet night for Hyman and Skinner.
I think Skinner's had his best game of the preseason. Couple nice cycle plays with puck protection, nice passing play with Arvidsson to Drai on the Dermott goal. He's starting to learn how to play off Drai and Arvidsson.

Okay…..I won’t use hyperbole…..the guy is a career AHL’er.
Very possible. Career AHLer isn't far off from a career NHL backup.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Couple years back I thought Rodrigue would be a legitimate NHL goalie. Too bad
Big jump from AHL shooters to NHL. I think watching Dustin Wolf go through that transition as a slight goalie is a reference point. Rodrigue reminds me a bit of Olivier Roy who was a good junior goalie with slight frame who became exposed high against pro shooters. Not saying Rodrigue is a wash out but it's still a ways away to becoming an NHL level back-up.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I think Skinner's had his best game of the preseason. Couple nice cycle plays with puck protection, nice passing play with Arvidsson to Drai on the Dermott goal. He's starting to learn how to play off Drai and Arvidsson.

Very possible. Career AHLer isn't far off from a career NHL backup.
I've posted before that I'm not worried about Skinner. His game is finding soft ice and getting kill shots away. I'm looking for some shot attempts tonight.

22 The Maestro

Serving 2, 5, and 10
Apr 18, 2018
Man it's gotta be interesting to root for a brand new team. No history. No legacy. It all starts here and now.

What's that like? It's gotta be cool.
I've been a fan of another team for 30 years. And a huge Mario L. fan before that as a kid. It's exciting to see a team build from brand new and see what they can do over the next 10 years. Come in with no expectations and see what they can do.

Edit: fun to root for a bunch of mid-level players to see what they can accomplish.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I've been a fan of another team for 30 years. And a huge Mario L. fan before that as a kid. It's exciting to see a team build from brand new and see what they can do over the next 10 years. Come in with no expectations and see what they can do.

Edit: fun to root for a bunch of mid-level players to see what they can accomplish.

Makes sense! Reminds me of friends I have in Winnipeg that went from being Jets fans to Oilers/Leafs/Flames/Habs fans before going back to being Jets fans.

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com

I hope the Kraken become better than the Canucks so Canucks fans will finally shut up

Reactions: 22 The Maestro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad