Alright, I'll be the one to ask. Why do we hate PLD and Jeff Carter but Laine gets a pass?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
How do we know the team even wanted or expressed to Jones they were going re-sign him after signing Werenski to a similar contract??

You and others will dismiss it, but, I’m being serious. The organization had a chance to bring in his brother and stash him on the AHL team, IN-STATE, like they have with seemingly a countless amount of brothers and/or players with connections to Ohio/Columbus.

Then again, I’ve also never heard a concrete reason WHY people think Jones wanted to leave.

Hell, if we’re talking Jones, why not the current CAPTAIN of his team, and FORMER captain of the CBJ, Nick Foligno?? Did he “bail” on the CBJ? It’s almost like there’s seemingly a story there, eh?
You are right.

I am dismissing it.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Carter and PLD were almost opposite ends of the spectrum of extremes, with Laine’s situation in the middle.

Carter’s situation was never going to work out due to his attitude. It made sense why he’d be bummed/pissed… but he was still a giant baby. He never wanted it to work in Cbus and/or never tried to make it work.

PLD WAS working out in Cbus. Things were going well. Then, inexplicably, he gave up on it. It’s almost more baffling than Carter, because it never really made sense for PLD to be angry. Still completely bizarre.

With Laine, he tried to make it work, but due to little fault of his own (not no fault of his own, just little), it just wasn’t working, both individually and with the CBJ as an organization. For both club and player, moving on made sense.

That being said, I don’t have an attachment to Laine. He didn’t really accomplish anything while he was here. But I don’t feel animosity toward him like I did PLD or Carter.

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
I don’t give laine a pass at all. I think he phoned it in the past 2 years and I don’t buy his mental health break last season. I just don’t think he wanted to be here and that was proven when he asked for a trade.

Reactions: SteelCityCannon

CannonFire1

Jun 22, 2023
I think Dickweed and PLD both deserve more animosity due to their blatant lack of effort. I am more indifferent to Laine because I don't think he had the skill set to move the needle. He wanted to perform, but couldn't. Part of that (IMO) was his unwillingness to accept a proper role within the team structure. He tried to do too much. Which also falls on coaching. The other two would never be accused of trying to do too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad