GDT: Preseason Game 5. Kraken @ Oilers beer leaguer. Streaming on Oilers+ at 7 pm

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
So looks like Lavoie was claimed and not every team has a couple players like him. And from a well run org too, obviously they saw more in him than anyone should see in Corey Perry.

Ridiculous. We lost a good asset for nothing thanks to stupid decisions, AGAIN.

I hope you won’t be eating the same crow you’re trying to force feed me if Lavoie gets put on waivers by Vegas later this year. But you just have to be a Class A prick about it.

@McDoused and @Oilhawks and I had the same conversation but in a respectful way where we disagreed and today had some fun as I accepted their victory lap. We can be right and wrong without being a jerk about it.

I can accept being wrong. You on the other hand feel the need to drag up a 2 week old post from a dead game thread so you can gloat. Congratulations asshole.

Hot tip. Don’t be such a :eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Last edited:

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Well many of you guys (not sure you specifically) said "Every team has a couple Lavoie's! He won't get claimed" now that has been proven wrong, next we get to wait and see if he proves to be more valuable than Perry this year because there is no doubt that even as an AHL guy he has more value longterm because Perry is older than dirt.

You can say that he isnt quality enough to make the roster, but it doesn't make it true. How many good players have we lost for little to nothing? I'm gonna guess that history has repeated and we will regret this like those other moves and that Lavoie should have made the team. Time will tell, but when you have an org that just lost its two best prospects and hasn't won it all with 2 top 5 players, I'm not gonna assume every move they make is the correct one.

Vegas does already have several players of Lavoie's quality. Brisson and Denisenko come to mind immediately. He's either just another pile of shit that they're throwing against the wall to see which one sticks, or a placeholder on the NHL roster until someone that needs more seasoning pushes him out or becomes waiver eligible (Brisson).

This is getting treated as some sort of master stroke. They're filling out space on a shit forward roster.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
I hope you won’t be eating the same crow you’re trying to force feed me if Lavoie gets put on waivers by Vegas later this year.

But you just have to be a Class A prick about it. @McDoused and @Oilhawks and I had the same conversation but in a respectful way and today had some fun as I accepted their victory lap.

You on the other hand feel the need to always just be a :eek::eek::eek::eek:.
I don't recall saying Lavoie was a sure thing, just that he would get claimed as he has potential and a unique skillset. Looks like I was correct, regardless of whether he makes it as an NHLer or not. But if it makes you feel better, I did think it was going to be someone like the Habs who claimed him, not Vegas. But it doesn't really matter as the result is the same, we are down a 6'4, goalscorer who looked to be ready for minutes in the bigs.

I'd rather be a prick and correct than a deadass wrong muppet.

• Haha
Reactions: TB12

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Vegas does already have several players of Lavoie's quality. Brisson and Denisenko come to mind immediately. He's either just another pile of shit that they're throwing against the wall to see which one sticks, or a placeholder on the NHL roster until someone that needs more seasoning pushes him out or becomes waiver eligible (Brisson).

This is getting treated as some sort of master stroke. They're filling out space on a shit forward roster.
It doesn't matter if they have players of his quality (I prefer Lavoie over either of those guys btw), that wasn't the argument. The point was you don't waive him when the person keeping him off the roster is the corpse of Corey Perry, you just lost your two best young roster players, and you're the oldest team in the league. And I said he would be claimed, and lo and behold he was.

I haven't said it's some master stroke. I stated absolute facts, a well run org decided to take Lavoie from us, when we have little for NHL ready forward prospects, and the player who kept him off the roster was useless when we needed him most. That is inarguable.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I'd rather be a prick and correct than a deadass wrong muppet.

Funny how others around here can be decent guys and be right without resorting to being a full time prick who is incapable of having a civilized conversation.

C u n t confirmed.

Reactions: K1984

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
It doesn't matter if they have players of his quality (I prefer Lavoie over either of those guys btw), that wasn't the argument. The point was you don't waive him when the person keeping him off the roster is the corpse of Corey Perry, you just lost your two best young roster players, and you're the oldest team in the league. And I said he would be claimed, and lo and behold he was.

I haven't said it's some master stroke. I stated absolute facts, a well run org decided to take Lavoie from us, when we have little for NHL ready forward prospects, and the player who kept him off the roster was useless when we needed him most. That is inarguable.

Laughable, but anyways....

I think Corey Perry has a better chance of helping the team this season than Rafael Lavoie does. Scored a few goals early in pre-season and being 24 isn't that seductive to me. Know who scored as much as him in pre-season? The "corpse" of Corey Perry. I'm glad you feel happy with yourself that you predicted he would be claimed. At the end of the day we can just claim him when he inevitably hits the waiver wire again.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Laughable, but anyways....

I think Corey Perry has a better chance of helping the team this season than Rafael Lavoie does. Scored a few goals early in pre-season and being 24 isn't that seductive to me. Know who scored as much as him in pre-season? The "corpse" of Corey Perry. I'm glad you feel happy with yourself that you predicted he would be claimed. At the end of the day we can just claim him when he inevitably hits the waiver wire again.
Laughable that I prefer one of our guys over the other two that YOU said were similar players to Lavoie? What is it, they are similar or a laughable comparison? Can't be both.

And Perry got a goal (which was nice, for sure) and an assist. He also played with McDavid for a game. He played 4 games.

Lavoie got 2 goals in 3 games. Lavoie also ripped 16 shots on goal compared to Perry's 8.

It was 3/4 preseason games, I don't think it matters really. What I do think matters is all the playoff games last year that Perry looked like a plug and was even getting scratched.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Laughable that I prefer one of our guys over the other two that YOU said were similar players to Lavoie? What is it, they are similar or a laughable comparison? Can't be both.

And Perry got a goal (which was nice, for sure) and an assist. He also played with McDavid for a game. He played 4 games.

Lavoie got 2 goals in 3 games. Lavoie also ripped 16 shots on goal compared to Perry's 8.

It was 3/4 preseason games, I don't think it matters really. What I do think matters is all the playoff games last year that Perry looked like a plug and was even getting scratched.

If only we had Lavoie, he definitely would have been the difference in the playoffs last year. Like I said, keep an eye out for him when he hits waivers again. If he’s even worth a claim.

This whole debate is ridiculous to begin with. A borderline at best NHL player (maybe) who happens to be 24 vs a future Hall of Famer who’s a pure (but actually established) role player that’s 39. As if it matters. Neither will likely be in the every day lineup come mid-April.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
If only we had Lavoie, he definitely would have been the difference in the playoffs last year. Like I said, keep an eye out for him when he hits waivers again. If he’s even worth a claim.

This whole debate is ridiculous to begin with. A borderline at best NHL player (maybe) who happens to be 24 vs a future Hall of Famer who’s a pure (but actually established) role player that’s 39. As if it matters. Neither will likely be in the every day lineup come mid-April.
Nobody said Lavoie would be the difference. But he has the potential to be, and we know for fact that Perry isn't. This team bleeds assets, and that has been burning us for years. Kesselring sure would be nice to have over Stecher rn. Memories of Bjugstad don't help us this year, as much as I liked him when he was here.

And you know this year isn't everything, right? Will Perry be the difference in us making the playoffs or not? Absolutely not, and we know he isn't a difference maker once we are at the dance. Next year however, Lavoie might be that difference and Perry will probably be retired. So we give up a guy who may or may not become a difference maker for 1 year of a guy we know isn't.

You're right, this is ridiculous. I can't believe some are fine with throwing away potential long term assets for nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Nobody said Lavoie would be the difference. But he has the potential to be, and we know for fact that Perry isn't. This team bleeds assets, and that has been burning us for years. Kesselring sure would be nice to have over Stecher rn. Memories of Bjugstad don't help us this year, as much as I liked him when he was here.

And you know this year isn't everything, right? Will Perry be the difference in us making the playoffs or not? Absolutely not, and we know he isn't a difference maker once we are at the dance. Next year however, Lavoie might be that difference and Perry will probably be retired. So we give up a guy who may or may not become a difference maker for 1 year of a guy we know isn't.

You're right, this is ridiculous. I can't believe some are fine with throwing away potential long term assets for nothing.

78CD5E12-2AD4-4D6A-A065-12A2C6F9FED5.gif

You are the burner account of Soundwave.

• Haha
Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Oilers lose all their youth for nothing

HFoil geniuses: “This is great! I’m so glad we have Corey Perry still!”

Reactions: Jarvi

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I recall the name, but no idea his takes. I'm not terminally online like some of you, but I've been here a while.

Also, get off my dick. You were wrong, get over it.

I’ve nothing to get over. I had some fun and laughs with it earlier today and then you came along in a 2 week old thread looking for your I Won the Internet Today award.

Reading your continual bleating from Jarvi Victoryville, I suggest you’re the one having issues moving along here my friend.

3FD76586-6F76-48EE-A332-913EF9E67D99.gif

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
So Lavoie is gone? Wowzers does this team find ways to lose young players. :(

To think that we are stuck with guys like Josh Brown (a player so awful he makes Vinny Desharnais look like prime Darian Hatcher) and a well cooked Corey Perry instead of a useful younger asset like Lavoie is gross.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Ad

Ad

Ad